Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• But what if someone have his own CAB on Monitor out but not the Kone. Shared Rig(With Kone On) will turn Kone on Right?

No.

That whole Speaker Imprint feature will only be activated with the Kone engine. If you don't run the Kone, then the Imprint select in the CAB menu is not in action and will be grayed out, or even invisible.

• No.

That whole Speaker Imprint feature will only be activated with the Kone engine. If you don't run the Kone, then the Imprint select in the CAB menu is not in action and will be grayed out, or even invisible.

Maybe I was absent the day this was covered. How does the KPA know if the attached speaker is a Kone or not?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Maybe I was absent the day this was covered. How does the KPA know if the attached speaker is a Kone or not?

Thats a good question, and may even be a trade secret? In any case, If I buy a pair of speakers (Kones) is there something I must do to activate them, or will the KPA instantly recognize them?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thats a good question, and may even be a trade secret? In any case, If I buy a pair of speakers (Kones) is there something I must do to activate them, or will the KPA instantly recognize them?

Good point – also, if I install two kones into a 4x 12 cab with two regular speakers, will the kones still be recognised?

• My point was how will the Kone work in a mixed speaker context, i.e. 2 x regular speakers and 2 x kones in the same cab?

How will having the Kone setting activated in the kemper influence the signal going to the regular speakers.

In other words, will using a mix of kones and regular speakers be an incompatible situation?

• If it's possible to choose a "rig-individual" imprint in the cab-modul and a different speaker-imprint in the Output-section, which one overrules the other?

Will it be possible to switch between the "rig-individual" and the "General" imprint just for comparison ?

• My point was how will the Kone work in a mixed speaker context, i.e. 2 x regular speakers and 2 x kones in the same cab?

Badly, I'd say. The same Imprint will be processed differently by each kind of speaker, resulting in something that might sound well to you... or not.
    In a multi-seaker combination phase issues might be annoying.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

How will having the Kone setting activated in the kemper influence the signal going to the regular speakers.

In other words, will using a mix of kones and regular speakers be an incompatible situation?

Not possible.

And even if it was possible, you would undermine the power of the Kones by adding speakers that would not change the sound.

This is like bringing Sauce Bernaise to the restaurant and adding it to every course. You would have the chef visiting your table before dessert ... :)

I hope you get my point, there is nothing bad about Sauce Bernaise ...

• If it's possible to choose a "rig-individual" imprint in the cab-modul and a different speaker-imprint in the Output-section, which one overrules the other?

Will it be possible to switch between the "rig-individual" and the "General" imprint just for comparison ?

The rig-individual imprint would win.

Setting it to "none" would let through the global choice.

For comparison, you can browse through the imprints anyway.

• I’ve been playing my kpa only with headphones for a few months in anticipation of these.

Any updates on shipping dates? I’m getting antsy and don’t want to settle on buying a cab but I’m dying to play the kpa out loud!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not possible.

And even if it was possible, you would undermine the power of the Kones by adding speakers that would not change the sound.

This is like bringing Sauce Bernaise to the restaurant and adding it to every course. You would have the chef visiting your table before dessert ... :)

I hope you get my point, there is nothing bad about Sauce Bernaise ...

Thanks for the info ckemper.

I appreciate your point, but I still think that in certain circumstances such as a recording environment the ability to blend different speaker types within the same cabinets would be a cool feature. As I’m sure you know, many guitarists use mixtures of speakers in their cabinets, and the ability to change the sound (imprint) of some speakers whilst maintaining others would be really great – if a bit indulgent!

Still I appreciate that it would be technically difficult.

• Thanks for the info ckemper.

I appreciate your point, but I still think that in certain circumstances such as a recording environment the ability to blend different speaker types within the same cabinets would be a cool feature. As I’m sure you know, many guitarists use mixtures of speakers in their cabinets, and the ability to change the sound (imprint) of some speakers whilst maintaining others would be really great – if a bit indulgent!

Still I appreciate that it would be technically difficult.

I'm certain that you could run a Kone from the speaker output of a Powerhead, the master output to a power amp into a different speaker. So yes, what you want to achieve should be possible but not of just the one cable from the speaker out.

And if you object to having to buy an external power amp to do this, you can always reamp multiple times with a different imprint each time and them mix to suit. But really, the point of the Kone is not recording. Capturing the Kone with a close mic is going to be really difficult, so a room mic would be preferred. And that is not a typical method for capturing guitar.

I think that your idea is more theoretical than actually useful in the real world.