Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Currently available...

I have the last Kemper version, but can't find Ani imprints. I got a Celestion f12-200x I like to use with the new imprints..

I also wonder if the I prins will be much different from the existing cabs in rhe Kemper..

• Currently available...

I have the last Kemper version, but can't find Ani imprints. I got a Celestion f12-200x I like to use with the new imprints..

I also wonder if the I prins will be much different from the existing cabs in rhe Kemper..

They aren't released yet, and when they are, they will be designed for use with the Kemper Kone only.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• They aren't released yet, and when they are, they will be designed for use with the Kemper Kone only.

As I understand the cone is a full range speaker and it will supprice me if yiu cat use the imprints with other full range speaker.

Maube you need to eq the Kemper a little, but I doubt the Kemper will recognize what speaker you connect to the output..

• As I understand the cone is a full range speaker and it will supprice me if yiu cat use the imprints with other full range speaker.

Maube you need to eq the Kemper a little, but I doubt the Kemper will recognize what speaker you connect to the output..

It won't recognize the speaker attached. It's designed to simulate different speakers through their specially designed Kone speaker. Sure, you could use EQ to try to make other speakers have the desired sound, but that's not likely to yield the superior results of the Kone.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• It's hard to belive that they redesign the Kemper to detect the speaker that is connected to it. I doubt it.

It's interesting to read that the cone is superior to Celestion F12-200x that is Avery good fr speaker.

It sounds grate with the Kemper wit cabinets and irs.

I like the opportunity to switch between I prins to switch cabinets in a quick and easy way instead of scrolling through lots of profiles. I wonder if Zappladen had the chance to AB test the cone and the F12-2000x or heard a comparison in YouTube or other place sins the cone is soperilr but not out yet.

I am sure the cone will be very good, but so is F12,-200x

• Here's hoping the powered Kemper Kabinet won't be far behind. It seems like far more non powered Kemper Profilers have sold, but I could be way off, or why else would they concentrate on non powered Kabinets? So, like many others, I'm not going to invest in a separate amp, as I will just wait for the powered version of the Kabinet.

I don't think it's a question of how many powered vs unpowered KPA are out there the wild. The question is, are players that are happy with their FRFR setups going to switch to a kab? My feeling is, players that hate FRFR and insist on playing through real guitar cabinets are going to be the early adopters. Or, it was simply easier to bring the passive kab to market first which is likely the case.

Best part of a separate amp is that you can use it for other things. I've found the Fryette Power Station far superior to any SS amp, including the IcePower inside the powered KPA and it's immensely versatile for both modellers and valve amps.

• It's hard to belive that they redesign the Kemper to detect the speaker that is connected to it. I doubt it.

It's interesting to read that the cone is superior to Celestion F12-200x that is Avery good fr speaker.

It sounds grate with the Kemper wit cabinets and irs.

I like the opportunity to switch between I prins to switch cabinets in a quick and easy way instead of scrolling through lots of profiles. I wonder if Zappladen had the chance to AB test the cone and the F12-2000x or heard a comparison in YouTube or other place sins the cone is soperilr but not out yet.

I am sure the cone will be very good, but so is F12,-200x

Zappledan is trying to make the point that the imprints are specifically tailored to the Kab/Kone, in that the profiler uses DSP to “flatten” the response of Kemper’s speaker, and that the speaker also uses a whizzer cone, rather than a second driver, which has a different dispersion pattern and off-axis response. The results of the two speakers won’t be the same, and it is logical that the Kone would be the better, more authentic-sounding of the two, as the algorithm and imprints have been tweaked for it specifically.

• I understood what he meant.

I just don't know what is better until I heard them both.

I am pretty sure the cone with the imprints iare close to the cabs they are emulating.

I just say I have the Celestion and I am very satisfied with what it do. I just look forward to hear it with the imprints and I belive it will work fine...

What is best is subjective and different from person to person.

I like to get the cone also when it's available.

I am sure it will be awesome ??

• One Kone should be enough to compete with just about any practice situation and even live ones where there's no PA. I mean, if a 200 watt speaker can't get it done, how can speakers with way less than half that rating (Greenbacks, Vintage 30s etc) have done so since the dawn of the electric guitar?

There is no issue with the wattage. That only becomes relevant when you turn the power amp up too far. At which point your ears are going to be bleeding anyway and the speaker is going to let you know you're screwing up by sounding horrible.

Because most people use 4 of them with 100w-120w amps?

Would be nice to get a single 12" speaker to use. I will stick with EV monitor unless they make a 4x12 Kone Kab.

I am kind of new to Kemper so maybe this is user error but the profiles I have (professional like Sinmix for example) I can BARELY keep up with the band at practice using the Kemper. I can get there but there is zero headroom. I would definitely blow a Kone speaker unless I had 4 of them.

• Currently available...

As others specified, the Celestion is quite different in voicing than the Kone (although they manufactured it too). Also, it should be a real 2-way loudspeaker?
    So there will be differences in tone with regard to the sound Kemper designed.

As I understand the cone is a full range speaker and it will supprice me if yiu cat use the imprints with other full range speaker.

Agreed, this is quite unlikely.
    You'll certainly be able to use whatever loudspeaker you want.

Not for us owners of powered racks/toasters, he says selfishly :)

You freaking bunch of minority kemperites

:D:D:D:D:D

It's not a matter of superiority: it's that imprints have been designed with Kone's voicing in mind; and you'd not be able to take advantage of the DSP' linearisation, which would... imprint the voicing in a totally unexpected manner.

Hope this clarifies :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• From https://www.kemper-amps.com/news

Currently the following Speaker Imprints will become available with the PROFILER:

• Celestion Vintage 30
    • Celest G12M Greenback
    • Celest G12M Creamback
    • Celestion G12 Blue
    • Celestion G12H Anniv
    • Celestion G12H Herit
    • Celestion G12-100
    • Celestion G12T
    • EVM12L Blacklabel
    • Eminence MFD
    • Goodmans Audiom 61
    • Oxford 12L6
    • Jen P12Q
    • Jen P12R
    • Jen C12N Ceramic
    • Jen Vintage P10R
    • Jen Vintage C10R
    • JBL D120F 12'
    • JBL 2110H 8'

I wish @lonestargtr could convince ckemper to include an imprint of the Celestion Classic Lead 80 since MOST of Mike's profiles use that speaker.
    I know there are many of us who use MBritt profiles 99% of the time.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Would it really work to mimic a 15" speaker? It seems to me that you wouldn't really capture the specifics, especially the bass part fo the spectrum, when sending it through the 12" speaker. You want the boom of a larger speaker, you need to get the larger speaker. I have no Idea though.

It reminds me of when HDTV became a thing and all the commercials tried to show SDTV/HDTV comparisons to show how much better a new TV would be. Problem was of course, you watched the comparison on the SDTV you already owned,

Hell... no :)

It would be like saying "would a woman be able to mimic a man's voice?" She wouldn't, generally speaking.

If this was possible (mimic a speaker I mean), we could get rid of those bulky, cumbersome, heavy 15" cabs...

In fact, the loudspeaker alone would not be enough, if it was not voiced through the cabinet's internal volume, shape, resonances, acoustical impedance, perspective ports etc. You never hear the speaker alone playing, it's the cab design as a whole that exhibits a characteristic (good or bad) voice.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• I get the physics differences of s 12” and a 15” just wondering if they can tailor the imprint toward a 15” response. There are a lot of guitar amps that use 15s in an open back design and since the Kab is a closed back design I imagine it will have more low end than a typical 12” design anyway. Maybe a 15” Kab is on the way as well.

If there’s a list started for additional speaker imprints I’d like to add the Celestion Heritage G12-65 for use with Dumble amps when going for a Carlton or Robben Ford sound. Also the new Celestion 12” Alnico Cream seems like the most balanced alnico design and on the top of my list of speakers to get.

I’m also curious to see if the Kab kaptures the squish and compressed response of an actual alnico speaker.

These profiles go to 11!

Edited once, last by Guavadude ().

• I get the idea of Monitor Cab Off means the imprints become active but doesn't that mean I've quickly lost the ability to mute the cab output? I guess I can still use the Monitor Out select knob to set it to off though but typically in the studio I turn the monitor on and off depending on if I want some speaker and guitar interaction while recording. It can make a big difference in sustain and how alive the guitar feels with a speaker close by even though I'm using the direct outs to record. I can see using the Kab the same way.

Maybe there should be a Kab Imprint On/Off button and the Monitor Cab Off should be renamed Monitor Cab Mute. It does get confusing because the Kab actually has an Imprint mode and a Direct FR mode. Monitor Cab Off naming doesn't make it easy to know what you're getting especially since it used to mean Mute.

I really like the idea of having different imprints in the cab section to be used with different profiles. This will be an amazing way to deal with a wide variety of acoustic and electric instruments.

These profiles go to 11!

• I get the idea of Monitor Cab Off means the imprints become active but doesn't that mean I've quickly lost the ability to mute the cab output? I guess I can still use the Monitor Out select knob to set it to off though but typically in the studio I turn the monitor on and off depending on if I want some speaker and guitar interaction while recording. It can make a big difference in sustain and how alive the guitar feels with a speaker close by even though I'm using the direct outs to record. I can see using the Kab the same way.

Maybe there should be a Kab Imprint On/Off button and the Monitor Cab Off should be renamed Monitor Cab Mute. It does get confusing because the Kab actually has an Imprint mode and a Direct FR mode. Monitor Cab Off naming doesn't make it easy to know what you're getting especially since it used to mean Mute.

I really like the idea of having different imprints in the cab section to be used with different profiles. This will be an amazing way to deal with a wide variety of acoustic and electric instruments.

Monitor cab off has never meant mute? It has always meant that the Cab section is bypassed for the monitor output, while it is still in the chain in all the other outputs.