Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Now I got the question :)

Yes, we have plans for a per-rig setting.

We are still asking ourself, if that setting should be stored in the Rig data or in the Cabinet Module (!).

Just purchased based on this post. Looking forward to the update that includes this!!!

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

• I know, there is tubiness baked into the profile, but if you have only preamp profiles, then you have 100% real tube behavior. And I still don't know if tube poweramp (besides overlapping tubiness baked into profile) gives a little more umph, 3D, chime...

Monkey_Man - please explain it here in most simple manner ;)

I'm sure skoczy wouldn't mind if I quoted from our private conversation about this; it'd save me a bunch of typing and repetition:

I know ss power amp is more transparent, but this tube thing... ?

If you're using it with the Kemper only, there's no point in it being tube-based, as I think you know.

So you think that the tubes in poweramp, would not give that chime and am in the room? I don't care about slight coloration. I want top class sound an feel.

Don't you see any advantage of PS-2 against IcePower SS amp? DO you think, that these power tubes do nothing?

Thanks Nicky for your opinion. I just thought that tube poweramp can add more life and 3D to final effect. But if you say that his is baked into the profile and Kabinet should take care of amp in the room - I gotta believe you.

Thanks<3

[Skoczy plays Kemper->Fryette Power Station video]

This is just MHO as expressed in a private conversation; I'm no authority of course and YMMV.

HTH anyone who's been pondering the situation, and thank you skoczy for inviting me in. <3

• My Kabinet should be delivered tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I downloaded the latest FW (7.2.1) and updated RigManager to have everything prepared.

By playing around with the new Kone Settings in the Kemper's output section, it looks to me as it's not possible to save the Imprint per Rig?

For instance, I would have assumed that I could save one of the Celestion imprints on Marshall Rigs and choose one of the Jensen Imprints for Fender profiles?

Or did I miss something?

Nevertheless, super exciting and can't wait for tomorrow ;)

• you are correct. At the moment it is a global setting other than having an FRFR option when there is no cab in the stack section. However, I believe they said that the intention in a future update will be to have a default imprint which can be overridden on a rig bu rig basis if desired. I don’t know when this is likely to happen though.

at the moment I am having good results with an imprint in 4 rigs in a performance but the 5th rig is set up for the piezo pickup on my P22. When I select slot 5 the imprint gets bypassed and the Kabinet becomes an FRFR speaker which makes the acoustic sound great.

• I'm still confused about the use of the kone imprints. Can you use this setup as follows : Guitar > KPA > direct profile (DI) > Celestion imprints > Monitor out (Cab off) > Power AMP > Kabinet ? The reason i'm asking , when i tied this setup with Yamanha HS8 using DI profile, it sounded still like a DI and did not influence the Impulse response, However when i try a merged profile, i could hear the Celestion imprints on my Yamaha HS8

• Add a cab to the DI profile and it should work. When there's no cab on the profile the Kemper switches to the linear (FRFR) imprint. Take a look at the Addendum 7.2 to the manual. It explains this in detail.

I'm still confused about the use of the kone imprints. Can you use this setup as follows : Guitar > KPA > direct profile (DI) > Celestion imprints > Monitor out (Cab off) > Power AMP > Kabinet ? The reason i'm asking , when i tied this setup with Yamanha HS8 using DI profile, it sounded still like a DI and did not influence the Impulse response, However when i try a merged profile, i could hear the Celestion imprints on my Yamaha HS8

• I'm still confused about the use of the kone imprints. Can you use this setup as follows : Guitar > KPA > direct profile (DI) > Celestion imprints > Monitor out (Cab off) > Power AMP > Kabinet ? The reason i'm asking , when i tied this setup with Yamanha HS8 using DI profile, it sounded still like a DI and did not influence the Impulse response, However when i try a merged profile, i could hear the Celestion imprints on my Yamaha HS8

Ckemper said that you have to add a cab to the DI profile (and so make it merged), so the cab part can be ignored (!) by the profiler when using an imprint. I find that strange, but it is how it's supposed to be done. I'm pretty sure it will add a LOT of confusion to an already confusing studio/DI/merged distinction.

• Ordered a cabinet 3 days ago (promised 2-3 days delivery on the website) and not so much as a thank you from them... they sure dinged my credit card within minutes of receiving the order though... that was after they posted the wrong price, raised it by a hundred bucks and non-nonchalantly canceled my first order... shows how much they care about their loyal customer base... Kemper doesn't really seem to have much of an understanding of time and promises as is proven again and again... the profiler is great, everything else, not so much!

The older I get, the better I was.

• You want them to say thank you? I just assume that companies are grateful when I order stuff.

I think this might not be the last delayed delivery you receive given the global context.

• You want them to say thank you? I just assume that companies are grateful when I order stuff.

I think this might not be the last delayed delivery you receive given the global context.

Yeah... take advantage of that one-size fits all excuse for lack of common courtesies.... maybe in your world, not acceptable in mine.

ShadowJumper You may want to check your Spam folder - I've seen posts where people have indicated they have found emails from Kemper there.

The website says the same thing... it is just lack of appreciation... which I've come to expect from Kemper... ;)

The older I get, the better I was.

• I've made a career from improving customer facing processes and systems. I don't think you've been victimised quite as badly as you're suggesting. Different cultures have differing requirements for fake gushing all over their customers.

I think you should check your email quarantine.