Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• It is probably a Camplifier shutdown.

You can check this by connecting the Monitor Out (line level, not speaker) to another monitor system or even plug in your headphones directly into the Monitor Output. Leave the Kone Mode on, even though it will sound weird.

Do the drop outs appear even without or before the Camplifier?

• Some random heavy riffing with the v30 Kone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Holy smokes! I can't wait to try one.

• can someone equipped with a stereo Kone system or stereo cab tell me if these can be used as a monitor & mix system ?

I think about installing a new room in my basement for playing , recording & mixing , and a pair of KAbinet or similar system would be perfect ,especially if I can use them as a mixing monitor set as well.

Thanks

They are only FRFR via the DSP in the Profiler, so I'd say no.

• Some random heavy riffing with the v30 Kone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What’s your guitar and kemper profile for that?

• I just listened to Ola englunds Rig of the week, where he uses a Mesa V30 Cab and i can definitely hear the V30 in this....sounds pretty killer.

I had to send my Camplifier back to make it ready for 4Ohms (sadly just 90W, but hey....will do) and my Kabinet will arrive tomorrow.

Looking forward to that!

• It is probably a Camplifier shutdown.

You can check this by connecting the Monitor Out (line level, not speaker) to another monitor system or even plug in your headphones directly into the Monitor Output. Leave the Kone Mode on, even though it will sound weird.

Do the drop outs appear even without or before the Camplifier?

You were correct, No dropouts with another monitor system or direct to headphones. I can turn up the Monitor Volume/Kone Volume to the max and it won't shutdown. Add back the Camplifier and it shuts down. It can't handle the backing tracks, which I guess is suspected at 25 W. It's still a great product for guitar signals, or to power regular speakers or even the Kone/Kabinet but it won't handle music at higher bass frequencies. I think Ritter Amps' Camplifier SHP (140W per channel) would work. I've got an email into them, wondering if they've tried it. Also, as others have said, I think the Seymour Duncan 700 would work well too. Thanks for the reply's CKEMPER and others.

Update: Works perfectly with an older Crown Micro-tech 600, very loud . . . . . . too bad it weighs more than a small car.

Edited once, last by djazz ().

• I sort of understand what you mean but I must confess I have never really understood this concept. The very definition of sound is moving air so if an FRFR doesn’t move air it is literally inaudible ?

for me the amp in the room concept is more to do with dispersion and on/off axis response which is obviously very different for a tweeter than a 12” speaker.

I have to hear this then. I believe it's coming to me in the form of Kabinet which will be powered by Fryette PS-2.

• I just saw someone else comment elsewhere that Xitone requires an 8ohm load. You better check if that is true before going ahead.

The Dayton amp in my XiTone is SS and specs show 4ohm is good. The other MBritt amp is a ValveTrain, and it uses a tube amp and requires 8ohm, so no good.

• I'm sure skoczy wouldn't mind if I quoted from our private conversation about this; it'd save me a bunch of typing and repetition:

[Skoczy plays Kemper->Fryette Power Station video]

This is just MHO as expressed in a private conversation; I'm no authority of course and YMMV.

HTH anyone who's been pondering the situation, and thank you skoczy for inviting me in. <3

skoczy You'll like the PS-2. I own one and it's actually designed to be flat as possible, despite the tubes, because it's actually designed to be used with tube amps with the intent that you can either attenuate a big amp down to a lower volume or raise the volume of a small amp - all while maintaining the original tone of the amp.

To use it with a modeller, just send your monitor out to the line in on the Fryette and send the signal to a cab. It is 50 tube watts loud, and extremely responsive.

I've seen some people say that the PS-2 is actually a better power amp to pair with the Kemper than the actual powered Kemper power amp.

However, I don't think that's the case at all. Didn't notice any additional responsiveness or tube feel compared to the powered Kemper with mine.

It is a great option though, because it's like a swiss amp attenuator/loadbox/power amp. One of the best purchases I ever made.

• Ah, gotcha. I thought they were all valve. Every day's a school day ;)

Just on the basis of A to B: How do you like the Kabinet compared to the Thiele cabinet you own?

I really like my Thiele, but plan on getting a Kabinet because it just seems really cool to have multiple speakers for various tones. But the Thiele is kind of suited for a variety of tones as is.

In that sense, I'd love to know what you think are the benefits of the Kabinet over the EVM12L, assuming you like the sound of that speaker.