Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Yeah I hear ya, I've yet to play my KPA through a real cab but since I'm not recording or gigging, just a play at home player maybe that's the way to go. I've been eyeballing the Mesa vertical 2x12 cab, but wondering if the 1x12 mini recto slant will be enough oomph.

The Mini Recto slant cabinet looks very nice but sounds very small. Definitely not enough oomph. 2x12 is the smallest I'd recommend.

I would love to try a pair of Kones in my 2x12 but I only purchased one. Inhave tried many speakers in the 2x12 and they all worked great. Arguably the best cabinet I have.

My Kone is in a 1x12 oversized cabinet and is suprisingly big sounding. I just dont prefer the Kone models for metal either.

• The Mini Recto slant cabinet looks very nice but sounds very small. Definitely not enough oomph. 2x12 is the smallest I'd recommend.

I would love to try a pair of Kones in my 2x12 but I only purchased one. Inhave tried many speakers in the 2x12 and they all worked great. Arguably the best cabinet I have.

My Kone is in a 1x12 oversized cabinet and is suprisingly big sounding. I just dont prefer the Kone models for metal either.

you rocking the MB 212 horizontal or vertical?

• Inhave the larger Mesa horizontal 2x12, they have a smaller version also, haven't tried it. I do have a 4x12 Traditional and Oversized. The 2x12 is more focused and every bit as good.

Right on, my local GC has a used one but not sure if I want a cab that sits low of the floor or the angled more upright at my face.

• Someone suspected that this amplifier could color the sound.

I received my BAM200 Today and spent some time with it tonight. Overall I'm very happy with this amp powering the Kabinet. I tried running the gain higher and the master lower, then also running the Master wide open with the gain lower. All of this this was with the eq section straight up on all 3 bands. I Couldn't hear any difference or coloration in the tones when moving between these approaches. Unit is very small, plenty of volume, runs 4 ohm cabinet with no problem and can't beat the price. It's a keeper for me when I want the in room experience. Can't wait for more imprints and future features where we can store the imprint at the rig level!

• I am also a rock/hard rock player and I have the same experience. I have returned the cab. Compared to my Palmer 1x12 cab with a Celestion Creamback or with my Friedman ASM12, the Kemper cab sounded thin and harsh at higher volumes (monitor out at -30db). At bedroom level it sounded good. I have read the manual (7.2) and I am sure I did everything right. I use mainly MBritt profiles.

• I apologize if this answer is available somewhere else, I can't seem to find it.

Can you have a different imprint set per preset? As in, when I change presets, the imprint can change as well?

• Someone suspected that this amplifier could color the sound.

Yes, I asked for that quite a few times in this thread but there was no clear answer, how "sensitive" the Kone / Kabinet is when it comes to different power amps.

The "popular sciences" that have been created over the last decades when it comes to magic powder in guitar amps, the great sound of clothed-wire, etc. on one hand and the Kemper Kone being independent from the power amp and even quite independent of the cabinet on the other hand seems too good to be true. I wonder to at what point reality strikes (it has to).

Did someone test the Kone / Kabinet with different power amps? :)

• not yet but Kemper have said it will follow in an update.

Actually, IIRC Kemper said they "may" follow in future updates, Alan.

I could be wrong of course, but if this is what they said, you and I would surely bet that more will be added at some point; it's the Kemper way, after all - to keep giving. 8)

• I received my BAM200 Today and spent some time with it tonight. Overall I'm very happy with this amp powering the Kabinet. I tried running the gain higher and the master lower, then also running the Master wide open with the gain lower. All of this this was with the eq section straight up on all 3 bands. I Couldn't hear any difference or coloration in the tones when moving between these approaches. Unit is very small, plenty of volume, runs 4 ohm cabinet with no problem and can't beat the price. It's a keeper for me when I want the in room experience. Can't wait for more imprints and future features where we can store the imprint at the rig level!

ive ordered the kone and pondering a poweramp, this suits me for size, price and easy to get. Regarding bypassing the EQ on the BAM200 is it not better to set everything to zero? Or you feel it makes little difference

• Anyone try Isp stealth ultra lite or Orange pedal baby 100 amps

I've got the ISP in the back of my taoster. No complaints about the sound, more then enogh power. -Get a late or updated version, early ones as mine, had capasitors that failed. ISP sent me instuktions and a tech easily replaced the faulty ones. No problems the last 3years.

• In case you haven't seen this...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I received my BAM200 Today and spent some time with it tonight. Overall I'm very happy with this amp powering the Kabinet. I tried running the gain higher and the master lower, then also running the Master wide open with the gain lower. All of this this was with the eq section straight up on all 3 bands. I Couldn't hear any difference or coloration in the tones when moving between these approaches. Unit is very small, plenty of volume, runs 4 ohm cabinet with no problem and can't beat the price. It's a keeper for me when I want the in room experience. Can't wait for more imprints and future features where we can store the imprint at the rig level!

Thanks for the info! Received the bam200 today (the fan is totally silent) and expect the Kabinet this Thursday