Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• I bought them well over four years ago, and they were a bargain, about £150 each! I got one from DV247, and the other one from GAK. It doesn't look like Line 6 is selling them these days, which is a pity, they're a great extension cab. Sightly wider at the bottom, than the top, closed back, with dual front ports, just like the KEMPER Kabinet! A good weight as well, not too heavy. The sound out of them is huge, it's amazing for the size, there's absolutely tons of bottom end, you certainly don't need a 4x12. They sound even better with a KEMPER Kone fitted. You really only need one, but I like a big stereo spread when using modulation or echo FXs. I can't understand why Line 6 has stopped selling them, because they still sell the amp; it's a bit of a mystery?

• I haven't made the name yet, it's just a mock-up image I was trying out. I might try to print it out properly using my laser printer and some waterslide decal paper, which is surprisingly tough stuff. But, if Kemper sold stickers - problem solved!

• I’m just not getting ANY sound but a faint hiss from my Kone

I’ve tried everything!

initialising

cables

checking input

but my ‘toaster’ is just a headphone amp & nothing more!!

how can I return the Kone to Kemper if I’m hearing a slight hiss..? ?‍♂️

• Do you have a powered Kemper?

• Regarding the pops on startup/shutdown, I received the d'addario jack today with the mute switch on it, [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/dqYCwb9.jpg]

Works exactly as I wanted it too and was pretty easy to install since it's solderless. As to how long the button lasts before it wears out I don't know but at least I don't need to keep unplugging the jack every time I go to use it now and no more pops on startup/ shutdown!

- Liam

• Ive now cancelled my order for the Kabinet, UK and Europe suppliers talking at least 2 months.

Decided to purchase the Kone from Kemper and a Victory 1 x12 cabinet as I'm also interested in buying the Victory Sheriff amp, this way I can change speakers as and when.

KPA Kabinet cost £370, Victory cabinet cost + Kone £530, I can live with that, I'm pretty sure the Victory cab with be constructed at least as good as the Kemper, perhaps better. All due to be delivered within 7 days.

You watch, the Kabinet will probably be shown as immediately available this week!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Ive now cancelled my order for the Kabinet, UK and Europe suppliers talking at least 2 months.

Decided to purchase the Kone from Kemper and a Victory 1 x12 cabinet as I'm also interested in buying the Victory Sheriff amp, this way I can change speakers as and when.

KPA Kabinet cost £370, Victory cabinet cost + Kone £530, I can live with that, I'm pretty sure the Victory cab with be constructed at least as good as the Kemper, perhaps better. All due to be delivered within 7 days.

You watch, the Kabinet will probably be shown as immediately available this week!

Was about to go the same kone+new cab route for the same reason, but just before ordering happened to notice a single discounted B-stock in sale. Appeared today to the door witin a week. Now would just need some break from all this homeschooling to get some proper A/B/C testing done ? ??

( CLR / K / DXR )

• Was about to go the same kone+new cab route for the same reason, but just before ordering happened to notice a single discounted B-stock in sale. Appeared today to the door witin a week. Now would just need some break from all this homeschooling to get some proper A/B/C testing done ? ??

( CLR / K / DXR )

Nice one, Europe??

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Almost finished my 1x12 cab loaded with a Celestion K12H-200TC. It sounds massive with the Kone imprints. I took a gamble on the K12H rather than the Kemper Kone version of that speaker as its literally almost 1/3 the price here in Australia. Couldnt be happier with the sound, I finally have the amp in the room sound with the flexibility of imprints for different tonal flavours. I seriously cant imagine the Kone sounding 3 times better for the price.