Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Nice job Christianmolnar!!!!:thumbup: I just finished my 2x12 Kone cab as well. I had a Peavy 2x12 slant verticle that I installed the Kones in. I refreshed it with new hardware and a new speaker grill cloth....I went for the Mesa look....Debating on whether or not to put the stencil on it. The top speaker in this cab has a removable back, so i wired it with one input just the top Kone and the other input both Kones in series... for some flexibility, although i'll probably just use it mostly with the 2 Kones in series both closed. BTW....this this sounds awesome!!!! It sounds great in FRFR mode and in the speaker imprint mode. I do find that i like it better with the bass boost on, but the imprints do give it a bit more of a natual AITR feel and theres some imprints on there that i was pleasantly surprised with (Goodmans and the Oxford), which i would probably have never been exposed to otherwise.

Next i'm gonna compare a similar Mesa 2x12 with V30's, with the Kones on V30 imprint, just to see how close they sound. Just for fun...:). Ultimately love the sound and so many options....almost too many, can't imagine anyone not being able to find a tone they love with a Kemper and a Kabinet or Kone equipt cab!!!

Here's some pics, might have a second go at the grill as i'd like to get it a bit tighter and more finished looking.

• Nice job Christianmolnar!!!!:thumbup: I just finished my 2x12 Kone cab as well. I had a Peavy 2x12 slant verticle that I installed the Kones in. I refreshed it with new hardware and a new speaker grill cloth....I went for the Mesa look....Debating on whether or not to put the stencil on it. The top speaker in this cab has a removable back, so i wired it with one input just the top Kone and the other input both Kones in series... for some flexibility, although i'll probably just use it mostly with the 2 Kones in series both closed. BTW....this this sounds awesome!!!! It sounds great in FRFR mode and in the speaker imprint mode. I do find that i like it better with the bass boost on, but the imprints do give it a bit more of a natual AITR feel and theres some imprints on there that i was pleasantly surprised with (Goodmans and the Oxford), which i would probably have never been exposed to otherwise.

Next i'm gonna compare a similar Mesa 2x12 with V30's, with the Kones on V30 imprint, just to see how close they sound. Just for fun...:). Ultimately love the sound and so many options....almost too many, can't imagine anyone not being able to find a tone they love with a Kemper and a Kabinet or Kone equipt cab!!!

Here's some pics, might have a second go at the grill as i'd like to get it a bit tighter and more finished looking.

Oh that looks awesome! I got the Kemper today. The one thing I cannot do is actually select Kemper Kone. The menu that shows on all the youtube videos, turning Monitor Cab OFF, etc... does not show on mine. And I just upgraded the firmware. I am going to do a search on the forum and may post it as a thread if I don't find anything.

• Once you upgrade to 7.3.2 which is the latest official release, you can find it in the out menu on page 7.....That whole page is dedicated to the Kone settings.... also if you are using imprints, you can select specific imprints per rig in the cabinet menu. Here's a link to a really good tutorial regarding the Kemper Kabinet/Kone that they put on youtube last week or so....this should explain everything you need to know....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Once you upgrade to 7.3.2 which is the latest official release, you can find it in the out menu on page 7.....That whole page is dedicated to the Kone settings.... also if you are using imprints, you can select specific imprints per rig in the cabinet menu. Here's a link to a really good tutorial regarding the Kemper Kabinet/Kone that they put on youtube last week or so....this should explain everything you need to know....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you! That helped! I got it!

• I've got the same problem.

I've done it with a brush, i assume it would be better with a spray bomb. On the other way, we were warned that the result could be bad by Kemper ;):P||

The best way would be a tissue with Kemper's logo embroidered we could sew on the grill. It would more detailed too like the one on the Kabinet.

• I've got the same problem.

I've done it with a brush, i assume it would be better with a spray bomb. On the other way, we were warned that the result could be bad by Kemper ;):P||

The best way would be a tissue with Kemper's logo embroidered we could sew on the grill. It would more detailed too like the one on the Kabinet.

Drybrushing would do the trick, I reckon, though you might need a sealer, too. Anyone ever paint Warhammer/Games Workshop figures? ^^

• hello everybody,

Little question about Kember Kabinet.

In live situation, i have understood that i can choose a STUDIO profile for example and desactivate cab simulation to enjoy speaker inprint of the Kabinet directly for my personal monitoring in order to have "Amp in the room" feel.
    But what about the profile sent to the FOH. Will it be the original STUDIO profile and its cab simulation or the "new" profile including the selected speaker inprint ?

If it is the original STUDIO profile, how do you mange the sound difference between the profile sent to the Kabinet and the original one ? It seems to be a mess...

thank you for your answer.

• You don't disable CABINET section. You have to leave it enabled to have full studio Profile on FOH.

To use imprints on Monitor OUT (it only works there), go to OUTPUT page 7/7 and select both "Kemper Kone" and "Monitor Cab Off" and select your Imprint with "Imprint Select" knob.

• Ok, so for live, i will have to listen my studio profile in FRFR mode to test it and after that, disable the cab and test it again with the Kabinet for my listening ?

not sure what you want to achieve ;)

1) on Main OUTPUTS there will be Studio Profile, you have to leave Cabinet section enabled

2) to use Imprints on Cabinet OUTPUT, go to OUTPUT section and select both Kemper Kone + Monitof Cab Off (DO NOT turn off CABINET section in stack...) to use imprints with your cabinet

does it make sense?

• not sure what you want to achieve ;)

1) on Main OUTPUTS there will be Studio Profile, you have to leave Cabinet section enabled

2) to use Imprints on Cabinet OUTPUT, go to OUTPUT section and select both Kemper Kone + Monitof Cab Off (DO NOT turn off CABINET section in stack...) to use imprints with your cabinet

does it make sense?

I think Papoos is concerned about the monitor sound being different from FOH.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yes, it's clear ;)
    My concer was the difference in term of sound between a STUDIO profile with a cab similuation of a Greenback marshall 2x12 for example and the dounf of the same profil into the Kabinet with the speaker inprint of my choice. So i will have to select profile that is ok in FRFR mode (and which will be heard by people) and the same sound that will be completely different (depending speaker inprint i choose etc..) into the Kabinet.

How do you do for live to select a profile ?

• If you use the cab as your monitor, the more important sound will be that sound or that from the FOH speakers? You may hear one sound and the audience another, but that is practically inevitable. Even when you use stage monitors or inears.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• This is by the way how it has always been. When you mic your old 4x12 which you schlepped to wherever you are playing, FOH will sound very different to your monitoring. If you want the same sound from Monitoring/Kabinet and FOH, you can just put the Kabinet into Full range but then you are back where you started.

• Yes, it makes sense. It is pity that we can't just micked the Kabinet. Less thing to mangae because now we have to select a profile that sound good on FRFR and then play with it with different sounding...