Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Hi All, I want to share the installation of an amplifier into the original Kemper Cabinet. I have changed the backplate with installation of a power connector and a on/off with besides line-in. I used an Anaview ALC0180-2300 with one channel (90W@4Ohm) and it sounds really great in comparison to a Palmer Macht external amplifier and is loud enough due to the amplifier efficiency. AND: The Cabinet itself seems to be optimized and fits much better to the Kone soundwise than an Kone in another box with different size and construction. Congrats to Kemper at this point. So, the Cabinet form factor is IMHO perfect. Unfortunately the the high quality Anaview isn't produced any more and ICEpower isn't available in single units -> Has anyone a tip for buying an AS1 for instance?

• I'm still holding out for someone to sell an ICE unit pre-mounted onto a drop in backpanel for the Kab... unless a powered Kab comes out first. Maybe Kemper will release a backpanel retrofit option when they release the powered Kab. Until then I'm bouncing back and forth between a Fryette PS, Ethos Overdrive Amp and EHX 44 Magnum. PS for richness, Ethos or Magnum for convenience. The Ethos and Magnum both require my Weber Z Matcher (impedance matcher) to give me 4 Ohms, which adds more bulk to the equation than I'd really like. There are no perfect solid state options available right now, the Camplifire being the closest, so until there is the others will have to do.

The older I get, the better I was.

• I would like to use two Kabinets in stereo using an stereo power amp.

The inconveniente I have with my KP head, is that I am already using the direct output/send in a stomp loop. Is there another alternative to send stereo signal to the power amp using just the monitor out, or sacrificing he fix loop is the only alternative?

• I would like to use two Kabinets in stereo using an stereo power amp.

The inconveniente I have with my KP head, is that I am already using the direct output/send in a stomp loop. Is there another alternative to send stereo signal to the power amp using just the monitor out, or sacrificing he fix loop is the only alternative?

For the toaster and rack that is the situation - you lose the output for the loop when it is configured as part of the stereo monitor out. I gathered that the Stage has dedicated stereo monitor outputs so I think a loop is still possible with the stage even when stereo monitoring is being used. (any corrections or confirmations of this are welcome)

• I apologize if this was answered, but due to the stage being passive, what poweramps are you using for the kabinet? Thinking of getting it and a poweramp since that amp in the room sound is amazing with my combo amp and stage. Thanks!

• I apologize if this was answered, but due to the stage being passive, what poweramps are you using for the kabinet? Thinking of getting it and a poweramp since that amp in the room sound is amazing with my combo amp and stage. Thanks!

Some popular choices are:

Camplifier

TC BAM200

ISP Stealth Pro

Seymour Duncan SD 170 and 700

• i'm no master woodworker for sure, but here's my powered replacement back for the stock kemper kab.

Power amp is from parts-express. The IcePower 200W mono class D power amp. 3/4 inch MDF board, British Racing Green Tolex. I have a new appreciation for anyone who works with tolex and making corners look good :)

This power amp sounds great and plenty of volume. Gets practice and gig tested next week !!

i have extra tolex and extra PC board mounts if anyone is doing one of these and needs some supplies. message me :)

• nice work!!!

The older I get, the better I was.

• I finally got 2 more Icepower 200asc’s , but Parts Express backordered the connecting cables.
    I want to finish my other Kab Klones. ?

I had to modify the jack plate, on the first Klone I built , to add the power socket w/switch

• Great work and thanks for posting pictures

I have a silly question, but I just haven't been able to confirm the answer. ICE power modules don't seem to have a volume control built into them. In your cabinet, does the amp basically run flat out with the effective volume controlled by the Kemper output volume?

Thanks,

Paul