Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• It's an amp power amp, it isn't a neutral amp

Very neutral, with minimal colouration.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very neutral, with minimal colouration.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My god, it's very expensive!

• you can buy the seymour 170 pedal which is very similar amp to the kemper poweramp. Even bette you could get an icepower 200asc which is the same but cheaper, and put it inside your cab. So one less set of cables to hook up

• My god, it's very expensive!

It is, unfortunately. I actually bought it as an attenuator/loadbox for my tube amps, but it performs well as a power amp for the Kemper as well.

Do you have a Kemper toaster or rack? If you have a toaster, look into the Camplifier power amps. They can just fit in the back and have great reviews. Thinking of picking up one myself just to simplify things.

• Hi there, I have a question and I didn't find the answer yet. Is it possible that the "Kemper Kone" checkbox affect the Main Output ? I have two Kone and I would like to use my rig in stereo. So I have a stereo amplifier that I plug in my main output (direct output is used by my stereo loop effect), but the Kemper Kone checkbox doesn't change the sound and I really like the sound with the checkbox checked. For now I use the monitor output and I really like the sound, but it is in mono.

Thank you for your help !

• It is, unfortunately. I actually bought it as an attenuator/loadbox for my tube amps, but it performs well as a power amp for the Kemper as well.

Do you have a Kemper toaster or rack? If you have a toaster, look into the Camplifier power amps. They can just fit in the back and have great reviews. Thinking of picking up one myself just to simplify things.

No I have a stage.

Looking for the seymour duncan powerstage 170

Seems to be a good amp not too expensive

• Hi there, I have a question and I didn't find the answer yet. Is it possible that the "Kemper Kone" checkbox affect the Main Output ? I have two Kone and I would like to use my rig in stereo. So I have a stereo amplifier that I plug in my main output (direct output is used by my stereo loop effect), but the Kemper Kone checkbox doesn't change the sound and I really like the sound with the checkbox checked. For now I use the monitor output and I really like the sound, but it is in mono.

Thank you for your help !

Kone speaker imprints are only available on the Monitor and Direct outputs.

• The impedance of the Kemper Kone is 4 Ohm only, to get the most efficiency from your power amp. Since 4 Ohm is usually the lowest impedance allowed for power amps, you should take care not to come below this value by connecting two cabinets or two speakers to the same power amp output in parallel. When two Kemper Kone speakers are mounted in a 2x12 cabinet, they have to be connected in series.
    • Two or more Kemper Kabinets can be daisy-chained by the additional jack without danger, as the Kabinets are automatically put in electrical series by the build-in circuitry.

So I have two separate kemper kones in two separate cabinets.. one a small stripped old combo, one a larger 2 x 12 (upright) of which I've put a kone in the top position. I want to be able to sometimes use either, and sometimes both. i have the kemper powerhead so whilst I realise I'll only be getting a mono signal, not a stereo set up, I'd like perhaps the spread of having the two separate cabs behind me...

When i use both, I understand I'll need to run the speakers/cabs in series, not parallel. I see if I had bought two kemper Kabinets they can be daisy chained as they have a built in circuitry..

Will using a specific adapter such as a mesa boogie series box https://store.mesaboogie.com/products/series-box.html or a radial cab link cabinet combiner https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rad…inet-Merger-/353128224741 replicate this? Or is there another simpler option please?

Thank you

Kevin

• Both those options look like the right thing to do. I believe you can get custom "Y" series cables made, but to me the box is better.

• Orange Pedal Baby, I like the A/B power as you get a better initial hit on the notes like a tube amp