Poweramp suggestions for the Kabinet

• I have an unpowered Toaster and surely will buy the Kabinet.

Does anyone have suggestions for a good, inexpensive poweramp.
    the ammout of Watts should match the Kemper Kone (i think its 200W).

• For me, getting a camplifier was an easy choice. It fits nicely into the back of your toaster, it's an overall solid piece of equipment and it won't ruin you.

Depending on your needs, they have different versions. If you really need a lot of power, go for the 280 watt one. I myself have a 25w mono version which is perfect for my play-at-home needs with a single cabinet. You will probably be able to play at bars and such with that one as well.

https://digitalguitargear.com/

• I was looking at the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and 75w Hotone Loudster and have also contacted the Camplifier guys to see if they have anything in the works to match Kone specs (they have nothing new planned but all of their models will push the Kone nicely).

The older I get, the better I was.

• I was looking at the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and 75w Hotone Loudster and have also contacted the Camplifier guys to see if they have anything in the works to match Kone specs (they have nothing new planned but all of their models will push the Kone nicely).

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to amplification so please bear with me.

What do you mean with "match the Kone Specs"? Would there be anything inherently not compatible or sub-optimal in the camplifiers?

• I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to amplification so please bear with me.

What do you mean with "match the Kone Specs"? Would there be anything inherently not compatible or sub-optimal in the camplifiers?

I meant that since the Kone is rated at 200 watts, having a 200 watt camplifier would be perfect, or a 400 watt one for driving 2 speakers alll while keeping with the 4 ohm specs, which is most optimal for guitar amps.

I somewhere read in the past (ages ago) that the EHX tends to distort on values past noon.

I have a Magnum 44 and this is true, it is also not the cleanest amp so I wouldn't really want to use it with a Kone (or Celestion K12H-200TC which seems to be exactly the same thing.)

The older I get, the better I was.

• I'm considering a Camplifier, possibly one of the Quilter amps and if I decide size isn't an issue a Crown XLi800 rack mount.

The Crown is a comparatively inexpensive option $269 USD, new. The downside is that its big.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have an old SLA-2 just laying around- wouldn't that work for a pair of Kabinets?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I've used the .44 Magnum and the Duncan Powerstage 170 with traditional cabs. To my ears, the Powerstage is much cleaner and has loads more output. I'm not sure the 44M would stand up to much more than club and practice duty. I also found Duncan's 3-band EQ to be useful for reining in cabs for a particular room. Of course, at $400, you're talking real money at that point. The Camplifier would certainly be a neater solution if it performs.

• I've used the .44 Magnum and the Duncan Powerstage 170 with traditional cabs. To my ears, the Powerstage is much cleaner and has loads more output. I'm not sure the 44M would stand up to much more than club and practice duty. I also found Duncan's 3-band EQ to be useful for reining in cabs for a particular room. Of course, at $400, you're talking real money at that point. The Camplifier would certainly be a neater solution if it performs.

I've never used mine for anything really distorted (Metal sounds), but with that exception I can vouch for the Camplifier. Camplifier has given me clean output even when I've been really pushing it with high volume and high gain á la Van Halen or something.

The powerstage is probably better but it is also a lot more expensive. Also, for me it is great to not have to haul anything extra; it is screwed on to the back of my Kemper.

• If I do go with the Kabinet, I will be using my Orange PB100. It has worked great for my direct profiles to my cab and I dont see why it would have any issues for this application.

So apparently I will not be able to use my power amp. I read that the Kab will be 4 ohms and the PB100 does not support 4 ohms. Oh well, I will just keep using "FRFR" (if only there really was a true FRFR) cabs.