Poweramp suggestions for the Kabinet

• Just wondering if there are any updates to Kemper releasing a powered version of the Kabinet? I'm a long time kemper user, but always had the Camplifier in a Kemper head into a guitar cab. I recently bought the Kemper Stage thinking the Kabinet would be powered, but it looks like it's not.

I need a small power amp solution which defeats the entire reason I got the stage in the 1st place. I thought I'd have the easiest stage setup ever, Kemper stage and powered Kabinet!

The SD powerstage won't work for me because you can't change voltage and I travel overseas often.

Are there any other options? Thanks

If you are on FB, feel free to contact the user Francesco Ferrari (he's Italian): his stomp-size power amps for the Kemper are very good.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• ^^

Yeah that's a crazy price. I'd buy the Ritter pedalboard amp over that one without a doubt. Again, it really stinks to have to buy one more clunky thing to lug to a gig instead of just having the Kemper Kab powered.

No worries... just trying to help.

Cheers,

• I own a KPA Stage and I'm currently looking at the EHX Magnum 44 to power the Kabinet.

My Kabinet should be here later today... at some point I will try it with my Magnum to see how it interacts with the Kone... one thing to take into account with the Magnum is that it only runs at 8-16Ω... I have a solution on hand, but others may not.

The older I get, the better I was.

• In a different forum thread, Kemper suggested the Tc Electronic bam200 as a power amp.

A very intresting advise, it’s not expensive and has good reviews. However, the bam200 is a bass amp... will it not colour the sound of a guitar? Already reviews mention it to give a warm jazzy sound.

Anyone has experience with this power amp?

• I wonder how much all of those external power amps could alter a profile's sound...

I use the Mooer baby bomb. I dont notice any tone coloration. I also play through my EVH amp with el34 tubes sometimes and dont notice it much there either. So maybe I just dont know what to listen for? Either way, the baby bomb is a pretty neat piece of gear for the price and the tone.

• Yesterday ordered the cabinet (will take a week to ship) and seperately a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. Got the Powerstage today and was very disappointed by the continuous noise of the fan. Now saw in reviews that others have similar experiences.

Will return it, but what power amp to order now???

• Yesterday ordered the cabinet (will take a week to ship) and seperately a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170. Got the Powerstage today and was very disappointed by the continuous noise of the fan. Now saw in reviews that others have similar experiences.

sad news there man. Matrix amps are always a solid choice, I had a gt800 1u but I just couldnt get used to it. They are really good power amps though. Light and sound very good. I kinda wish they had presence and resonance knobs.

Haven't tried either but I think I would rather have a Camplifier than a Powerstage... I'm using a Fryette Power Station (PS-1) with my Kabinet and unpowered Toaster and it rocks! I have a 44 Magnum and its pretty good at lower volumes. If I get something more 'substantial' for a solid state amp it will probably be a Camplifier though.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Good afternoon all.

After much deliberation I've finally ordered the Camplifier SHP.

Ive spent weeks researching but found that there is no definitive best solution to power my KPA. Ive looked at the Fryette power station, both the Seymour Duncan 170 and 700, the Orange pedal baby and TC electronics BAM 200. They all look great and would no doubt do a grand job.

I can't find any bad Camplifier reviews, and I like the convenience of a single unit and the option to go stereo.

I have also ordered the Kabinet from Guitar Guitar so its fair to say that in around 6 months time I'll be up and running.

Fingers crossed ive made the right choice.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Even though not so inexpensive,
    i finally wil go for the Camplifier

thanks to all for your support

After much deliberation so did I, which one did you go for?

Ignore that, I can see you've bought the 280.

I hope you enjoy!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

Edited once, last by Crookster ().

• I play through cabs most of the time with my non-powered white toaster and an Orange Pedal Baby but used a EHX Magnum .44 before. I chose the Orange over the other ones just because I liked the feeling of it when played dried (just using pre-amp pedals) and the ability to shape the tone before the cab (Bass/Presence). Big thoroidal tranformer, AB class amplification and no fan. But if form factor was an issue, I'd pick the Quilter 45 over the EHX 44, it has more tonal control capabilities on the output.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my Kemper Kabinet since my local retailer is closed for obvious reasons...

• Didn't want to start a new thread, but have similar interest, and checking to see if any new feedback from those recently trying new solutions.

I am trying to decide between a dedicated "neutral" power amp like a matrix or fryette, vs. getting something like a 20w 6505 and just using the power section to drive my 2x12 cab. That way I can have more than just a power amp, but a cool little backup rig just in case.

For many years I have primarily used a DXR10 and I miss the feeling/sound of the amp cab combo.

Does anyone have experience using the power section of one these lunchbox size amps? I've used the power section in previous amps, but they were 50/100w.

• Ive used the power section of my EVH 5150 el 34 50w and it sounded awesome. Ive also tried/have a mooer baby bomb which is also fine but in a band setting it may get a bit lost in the mix. Currently I have a matrix gt800 which is VERY neutral and with enough tweaking, can sound very close to the Fryette 2902 which I borrowed from a friend to test.

The up side to the Matrix is the weight and less maintenance ( no tubes to change) and it sounds fantastic when dialed in properly. Im getting the ooomph of tubes as well with this setup and Im also using a 2x12 mostly.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Sorry guys,

Has anybody had experience with Marshall Valvestate 8008 or 8004. ?

Sometimes, when I need to record Larsen/Feedback I use to plug the Monitor Out (Cab Off, Master Mono) into the return Fx Loop of a Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet 3210 Full Stack and, for what I need to do, it Works Great.

I like the fact, in this amp, the loop Fx is the last thing before the Power Amp section, so You don't have to care about any of the knobs on the front, not even the master volume, you set everything form Kemper and That's it!

It has a Lot of Volume (normally I use to set the Monitot Out Volume between Min -30 and MAX -12 db)

I don't like that it's, of course, Mono.

For sure it's not a good portable solution for Live stage, .. unless you Want to use Kemper but Show up Your Marshall Stack on stage, it's always cool right?

.. anyway it's the only UN-Tube Head I have so.. It's my chioce and use it sometimes.

ah, for the record I had 2 EH44 Magnum, and I confirm it colors a lot the sound, It's ok until 9 o'clock or so.

It's ok if you don't need really high volumes or if you like the way it change the sound.

It starts to become fat around 10 o clock and it adds Gain and Compression from 12 o clock

I guess I also did a couple of profiles of the EH 44 before I sold them both.

Well Anyway, if you have any opinion about those rack poweramp by marshall, let me know please.