Can we all agree on a list of 5 classic OD we would wish

• What you think about this?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think if you have a klon you have a good chance of replicating it roughly. But these effects preset with a different amp profile and different guitar is likely off the mark. If you have the klon then again, as they did you could tone shape a green scream back to sounding like it but i think its going to be tricky without the actual pedal as a reference..

+1 for a proper Klon Model :)

• What you think about this?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice vid, finally someone kind of adopted my idea and shot a clip for YT. ;)

• The Approximation is Pretty amazing to me. Through my Alesis-Monitors both sounds are nearly the same.

I've got a silver-archer and played it in front of my Profiler loaded with the 63 Deluxe Profile. It got rather near to the Sound.

• I love my Kemper Stage unit and since getting my kemper, I've completely embraced Kemper and have incorporated my Kemper Profiler Stage into all of my recording and live setups.

Profiles are amazing when you find a good one and feel better than any amp modeler I've tried! (and I've tried most of them before switching to Kemper)

The effects are great and I really can't complain. They hold up against Strymon and other really highly regarded effects pedals imo.

But the one thing that I continuously feel is lacking, is the OVERDRIVES.

I love the Green Scream as much as anyone else and it's a great all around Overdrive Pedal but, it would be great to have some more variety. I know there are others in the Kemper and I do use some of the others when I find a place for them but having even just a few options like a Klon, An OCD, a horizon devices Precision Drive-like pedal option (an OD that's meant to tighten up your tone and add attack and saturation, would be amazing!

What does everyone else think? ^^

• I agree 100%. This is been requested already but i dont have a problem to ask again. Drive pedals are lacking as you state. Also the competitor like Helix, etc have excellent drive models. I think this has the most practical application for live players. More than reverbs, phase, etc). I hope Kemper make this the number one priority for the next release (8.0?).

• Kemper has been working on it and new / updated drive stomps will be available in a future update.

How far off this will be, I can't say, but if I had to guess I reckon it won't be long now. The Release version of Rig Manager and Kone & Kabinet support need to be rolled out first you'd think 'cause they're in-the-mix currently.

• Kemper has been working on it and new / updated drive stomps will be available in a future update.

How far off this will be, I can't say, but if I had to guess I reckon it won't be long now. The Release version of Rig Manager and Kone & Kabinet support need to be rolled out first you'd think 'cause they're in-the-mix currently.

I can't see it being that soon. CK said that a 7.5 release would include the acoustic sim, 2 widener effects and eq filters everywhere. I guess the cone effects come with that too? Then there is the ironing out of all the editor problems, which naturally takes time with such a big change.

If it is to be an improvement worth making or stomps, surely it will take a while again and come in v8?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• While I wouldn't necessarily mind additional ODs, I find them to be rather personal choices.

Take a Bluesbreaker-style OD. What flavor do you want? An exact clone of the original Marshall? Or something like the JHS Morning Glory...or the Wampler Pantheon....or the King of Tone....Snouse BlackBox.....etc.

Which Klon variant would you want? Like a KTR or something like a Tumnus. Let's not discuss the incredible number of Muffs or Fuzzes people like.

Personally, I like using Loop Distortion to have 3 drive pedals in one stomp slot. Generally it's a JHS Muffletta -> Tumnus Deluxe -> Euphoria.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

I definitely understand that the things that Kemper has in the works have to be released first. Things such as the Rig Editor and Kemper Kone. And like another user said, there's other effects that are supposed to be released first. So in my opinion, it didn't seem like any Overdrives were going to be something focused on in the fiture. So I figured I'd drop a "feature request".

No harm, no foul lol.

With that being said, Kemper could be planning on releasing more Overdrives in future updates for all I know lol but I have no idea. I've heard in the past that Kemper was working on more OD Stomps but it's been a long time since I've heard any updates on anything Overdrive related. I personally would love to see more variety in that area, that's all. I just hope it happens at some point in the next few updates.

I love my Kemper Profiler Stage and it's the best gear purchase I've ever made. I rave about it every chance I get because I honestly think it's the best technology available for an alternative to playing Tube Amps in this day and age. But it could use some more ODs and effects, that's all :)

• removed CAPS LOCK

No problem. I didn't know Caps Lock was a problem in the context of a thread title. My apologies

No offense meant or anything^^

I changed it from All Caps to a more professionally Capitalized Title. I felt the title being demoted to no caps and all lowercase made it not seem like a title lol. No offense meant there either!

• I can't see it being that soon. CK said that a 7.5 release would include the acoustic sim, 2 widener effects and eq filters everywhere. I guess the cone effects come with that too? Then there is the ironing out of all the editor problems, which naturally takes time with such a big change.

If it is to be an improvement worth making or stomps, surely it will take a while again and come in v8?

Who knows, Karl. All we know is that it was confirmed quite a while ago that they were working on it / them.

With that being said, Kemper could be planning on releasing more Overdrives in future updates for all I know lol but I have no idea. I've heard in the past that Kemper was working on more OD Stomps but it's been a long time since I've heard any updates on anything Overdrive related.

Yeah, it's been a while but a lot of other stuff's been worked on in the meantime, Sean. My guess is that it's been an ongoing "sideline" project where time has been allotted to it where possible.

The fact that we were told something's in-the-works is good-enough for me 'though; it means it will happen, hence my statement to that effect. ;)

• As Nicky said, Kemper have confirmed they will inplement new effects including OD in future but we don’t know when.

personally, i don’t think CK will release a large list of pedal models like Blues Breaker, Klon, Morning Glory, OCD etc. It just isn’t the Kemper style. I think her is likely to identify a few key OD circuits and styles and create a generic model for each of them. Say 5 or 6 categories then create massively wide ranging control of each of these models to fine tune them into any effect you want. That way they won’t be stuck with the “which flavour of Bluesbraker do you want” as Ruefus mentioned. This approach would also be consistent with the way Kemper have approached the Delays, Reverbs, Wahs etc in the past and has proven to be a very successful way of doing things.

• Yeah, it's been a while but a lot of other stuff's been worked on in the meantime, Sean. My guess is that it's been an ongoing "sideline" project where time has been allotted to it where possible.

The fact that we were told something's in-the-works is good-enough for me 'though; it means it will happen, hence my statement to that effect. ;)

I hope so! I always trust your judgment and if you're feeling confident about it, that's good enough for me too! Lol

Thanks for always being the voice of reason Monkey_Man

As Nicky said, Kemper have confirmed they will inplement new effects including OD in future but we don’t know when.

personally, i don’t think CK will release a large list of pedal models like Blues Breaker, Klon, Morning Glory, OCD etc. It just isn’t the Kemper style. I think her is likely to identify a few key OD circuits and styles and create a generic model for each of them. Say 5 or 6 categories then create massively wide ranging control of each of these models to fine tune them into any effect you want. That way they won’t be stuck with the “which flavour of Bluesbraker do you want” as Ruefus mentioned. This approach would also be consistent with the way Kemper have approached the Delays, Reverbs, Wahs etc in the past and has proven to be a very successful way of doing things.

I like this concept a lot and would much prefer this sort of approach rather than a few super specific overdrive stomp models.

I'm hoping they release at least a few different legendary and landmark OD circuits that can be tweaked a lot to cover a large variety of tones. Definitely the best approach. :thumbup:

• I didn't know Caps Lock was a problem in the context of a thread title. My apologies

No offense meant or anything^^

It can cause health issues that´s why the moderators take such care of this. I felt some dizziness and pain in my chest. It immediately went away when the letters changed to small. Just went well again.

Anyway, yes, more drives are important after so many years and the rise of new modellers and profilers generations of other brands (I bet we will see profiling / capturing become a standard in all the brands even BEFORE a Kemper2). I can´t think of another wish than "more drives" beeing repeated that often since I changed to Kemper three years ago. Kemper always need a little bit more time to release new stuff but when they do it is ground shaking good imo. I can live with what I have until then. And I must say, so far I have been always making good experiences with that really quite usable green scream in the Kemper...

And please stay away from that Caps lock! I immediately felt some dizziness again while I typed the word "before", I don´t know why.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 5 times, last by Alienator ().