Can we all agree on a list of 5 classic OD we would wish

• Even though the Kemper nails the feel and tone of amplifiers I find the drives to lack something in their feel and responsiveness. I use the soft shaper for adding small amounts of dirt to a rig. Sometimes when I wish to add more gain I use the green screamer. It certainly tightens up the tone, but it just doesn't feel like a tube screamer of any sort to my fingers.

It very well could be just me. Does anyone else notice this sort of thing in the Kemper ODs? What about the helix drives that people always seem to enjoy? Do they actually feel like analog drives?

Have Kemper mentioned anything about improvement of the ODs when they add new choices?

• I only have a standard Ibanez TS9 to put before my amps and the Kemper version does a remarkably similar thing to that when used as a "clean boost". With heavily driven sounds you are looking to shave off the flabby low frequencies to tighten the sound up on some amps.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I have been told for a few years that they are working on new drive and fuzz pedals.

I really hope that we don't wait too much longer.

It would be great to see a few released for Summer Namm.

Before posting this thread, I actually looked for other threads on this forum and a few others regarding the ODs in the Kemper. I realized that people have been saying that they were working on new Overdrives and Fuzz pedals for the Kemper, for quite a few years now.

The only reason I felt it was okay to post a new thread about it was because the threads I had seen were older and I thought maybe if Kemper saw that more people were in support of new ODs, and that it's still a relevant request, then maybe we'd get some reassurance that it is actually in progress and that there's a plan for releasing more in future updates. A lot of other Kemper users on this forum are supportive of it from what it seems, and we're all really hoping to see some more Overdrive stomps soon.

I'm with you man, I hope the wait isn't too long lol. We feel your pain brother!

(My support for more ODs hasn't hindered my love for my Kemper or anything like that, just to show some balance in the perspective lol)

• I have been told for a few years that they are working on new drive and fuzz pedals.

I really hope that we don't wait too much longer.

It would be great to see a few released for Summer Namm.

You have to wait much longer for that. Acoustic sim and widener will come first. Maybe they will be released and showed during Summer NAMM. Unless that get cancelled becuase of obvious reason. But acustic and widener will be released anyhow and in the near future.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I realized that people have been saying that they were working on new Overdrives and Fuzz pedals for the Kemper, for quite a few years now.

You mean people from Kemper?

IIRC, the only mention to this has been made by CK at a question time (available online) after reverbs had been released.

As GJ wrote, they might be the next big thing :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• You mean people from Kemper?

IIRC, the only mention to this has been made by CK at a question time (available online) after reverbs had been released.

As GJ wrote, they might be the next big thing :)

Nope, didn't mean people from Kemper. I was referring to people I'd see on forums saying Kemper was working on new ODs and different stomps. Most of them were just people on the different forums (not just Kemper Forum) saying stuff they'd heard, or seen posted on another forum. Stuff like that. I just recall seeing that comment being made by people in general and I was just pointing that out.

By "for years now" part was because on one forum I was referring to, was from late 2016/early 2017. I was just commenting on what I've seen and it's all just hearsay anyways lol.

I didn't mean any harm or disrespect and I'm sorry for any confusion caused by my phraseology. I could have definitely worded what I meant better! 8o sorry about that lol.

• I didn't mean any harm or disrespect and I'm sorry for any confusion caused by my phraseology. I could have definitely worded what I meant better!

No issues from my side :)
    The point is, that it takes really a little on the web to process

I'd love to see xxx -> Hope to see it soon! -> Does anyone know whether they are working on it? -> Hope so! -> I've heard they are working on it -> Does anybody know when it's ready?

All on different threads, forums, boards... LOL

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Quality is more important than quantity for drives. My personal selection in categories:

Boost (fine)

OD (5):

1. Klon

2. Tubescreamer (fine)

3. Zendrive

4. Blues Driver

5. OCD

Dist (5):

1. Rat (fine)

2. Plexi Drive

3. Angry Charly

4. Friedman BE

5. Diezel VH4

Fuzz (4):

1. Maestro

2. Tone Bender

3. Fuzz Face

4. Big Muff

Kemper Stage

• Yeah, but there are already plenty of Profiles of it out there, many of which are free IIRC.

The stomps can only be modelled via conventional-DSP methods such as component modelling, so nothing Kemper could do would sound as good as Profiling it... in-theory, and so far, in-practice.

As you said 'though, it would be nice to have this as an option, even if it wasn't as accurate as a Profile, simply so that it could be used in conjunction with a Profile of an amp or whatever.

• The stomps can only be modelled via conventional-DSP methods such as component modelling, so nothing Kemper could do would sound as good as Profiling it... in-theory, and so far, in-practice.

What difference do you make between "profiling" and "conventionnal-DSP methods" ?

• That's simply Kemper's way vs the traditional ones, mate.

Kemper introduced Profiling.

The rest relied on DSP algorithms to "synthesise" the result, sometimes emulating down to a component level, hence the term "component modelling".

Kemper uses "traditional-DSP" method/s to "model" its onboard Stomp collection. Whether it's component-level or more-simply an input-signal vs output-signal emulation process, I don't know, but you can bet your bottom dollar it ain't Profiling, and that was my point - the Darkglass B7K as OD-Stomp wouldn't be able to compete with the Profiles of it already out there, but then again the same could be said of any stomp.

It comes down to the utility of having an approximate model onboard that one can use with a Profile, as is the case with the other stomps the Kemper already features. This would obviously save using 2 Kempers or reamping, say, the DG B7K back through the Kemper after recording through the stomp Profile. IOW, a DSP-modelled stomp is probably best / most-convenient for us... IMHO.

EDIT:

Dude, I can't afford to wait an hour to answer you again (I have a minimum-interval requirement) 'cause it's 6AM, so I'm adding this edit as a response to post #297. Hopefully you see it.

Of course it's using DSP algorithms; all digital-signal processing is DSP. The differentiation is that Kemper takes a "fingerprint" of the overall response of a signal chain and "recreates it" based on this data. Traditional modelling / component modelling involves painstaking analysis and programming of algorithms in order to emulate a single amp, whereas Kemper's approach only requires a one-time coding of the algorithm and then almost any amp is a candidate for nearly-immediate reproduction.

The unit's been out for 8 years; there're plenty of posts and articles outlining the differences in approaches. All this is besides the point 'though 'cause I simply said that Kemper is unlikely to be able to capture the realism of the DG stomp using traditional modelling methods. I took into account the fact that it's not in a situation where all the company's resources can be directed into coding the best B7K emulation out there, as might be the case for someone else. Maybe in time, yeah, but I feel that Profiles will be used one day for all Stomps once the affordability of the necessary DSP and product road map converge, so in that sense it wouldn't make sense for Kemper to work its fingers to the bone on this. There're other stomps to code and recode, after all, and who knows what else is on the agenda.

Have a great day, mate; I hope you see this edit. :)

• Kemper introduced Profiling.

The rest relied on DSP algorithms to "synthesise" the result,

What make you think the Kemper is not using DSP algorithms to "synthetise" (actually modyfying, sounds doesn't come from nowhere but from a guitar unlinke in a synthesizer) the sounds which are coming from the unit ?

• Bump for the Klon in the Kemper. I disagree with the mods merging my Klon thread with this one, as my thread was about a specific overdrive, and had a lot of upvotes.

There have already been threads about the Klon and other ODs wishes so I agree with the mod moving it here to one place.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• There have already been threads about the Klon and other ODs wishes so I agree with the mod moving it here to one place.

My original thread was the oldest and specific to the Klon. Don't really see the point of merging it with a discussion thread involving other overdrives.