Slaving unpowered kemper into heads power amp section.

• Hey guys, excuse my ignorance if my knowledge is not up to scratch! I’m a new kemper user who has gathered a bunch of tones i love. I am trying to figure out if i can use my unpowered head through a friends amp(s) poweramp and cabinets.

However, i am unsure how to go about this, and whether i would need additional equipment. I have read up on “slaving” into another amps power amp section but i am still lacking understanding how this works, and if it can be achieved with an unpowered kemper.

The heads we have available are Marshall 800, 900 and plexi reissue.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

Cheers

• Also, we have a vox ac30 and fender deville on hand, but would definetelty prefer using the head and cab option! Cheers

• First you would need to turn the Cabinet section off. Then it is usually not much harder than sending from your preferred output on the Kemper to the Return on the FX loop on the amp. The FX loop allows for e.g pedals to be inserted after the preamp part of the amplifier but before the power amp. So by plugging into the FX return you would not have the preamp alter the sound.

The quality of the output would depend on how linear the power amp is though.