S/pdif dry signal - low volume

• Hallo. I’ve tried searching the forum, but cannot seem to find an answer.

I record through s/pdif and I record a dry signal for reamping later and a wet signal. The dry signal is barely noticeable visually and sonically. How can I turn up the volume for this signal only?

My wet signal is fine regarding volume and can be adjusted many places in the rig and output.

I’m not sure if the right way to adjust volume on the dry signal is by raising the overall output and then turn down the volume in the amp. Would that be the right way to go about it?

• What ouput is dialed in for S/PDIF? There are two which provide dry sound but one is hotter (can't remember the extact names atm).

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• There must be an option for Git/Studio or similar. Also the dry signal is somehow related to Clean Sens (if I remember correct) so check that too.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Git/Master Mono is a good choice for a setting to record the dry signal on one side of the S/PDIF output and the whole signal chain in mono on the other side. You can control the level of the Git part by changing the clean sens parameter value in the input menu.

• But changing the clean sens....doesn’t that affect all input on rigs made for clean guitars? Therefor also the other side of the s/pdif signal? My rig in use is slightly gained if that’s a help.

• clean sens only affects clean rigs.

Changing the DI level using clean sens can be done but there is really no benefit in changing the DI level in the first place. Boosting it by raising the clean sens is more of a cosmetic/visual thing. Reamping will work just fine if you leave the level untouched because the waveform in your DAW represents the signal that your guitar is sending to the input of the PROFILER and if the Master Mono side sounds fine so will anything that you reamp using the DI part as it is.

• So the very low dry signal returning from the daw doesn’t produce extra noise because the reamping will boost everything that enters the Kemper? I was kinda convinced about a specific amount of dB being appropriate when wanting to reduce noise on a track.

And I guess that when receiving guitar tracks that has far more volume, I have to decrease the clean/distortion Sens then.

Edited once, last by b_ryan ().