Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• Since passive Kabinet is on the way, I'm thinking to install some poweramp. The reason is I don't know when powered version will come out and I can power regular cab.

Do you Kemperites with passive units plan to get poweramp in near future?

Or you Kemperites already having poweramp can recommend something? Which wattage will be ok for single Kabinet?

Can anyone give opinion on Ritteramps amplifiers built in the back of toaster? Thanks.

• I have a Ritter Camplifier 290 in my Toaster.

I've tried 16ohm, and a pair of 8ohm PA cabs, but neither seems to get me gig volume.

The Kone/Kabinet is 4ohm, so maybe that would work.

If not I'd go Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 for mono, or 700 for stereo. Perhaps an Orange Pedal Baby for mono.

First though I think I'll try just getting the Kone speaker and stick it in my XiTone MBritt powered cab.

• I have a Ritter Camplifier 290 in my Toaster.

I've tried 16ohm, and a pair of 8ohm PA cabs, but neither seems to get me gig volume.

The Kone/Kabinet is 4ohm, so maybe that would work.

If not I'd go Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 for mono, or 700 for stereo. Perhaps an Orange Pedal Baby for mono.

First though I think I'll try just getting the Kone speaker and stick it in my XiTone MBritt powered cab.

I have xitone mbritt powered cab also and was thinking the same thing...any downside to replacing the existing speaker with the kone?

• I fully recommend the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170.

I use it with my stage and it sounds the same as my Powerhead (poweramp wise).

I also tried the poweramp of my Amp1 but this is trebly in the poweramp and you have to compensate for it using the monitor EQ.

Thanks Ingolf - what cabs do you drive with this setup? What is their wattage?

• I fully recommend the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170.

I use it with my stage and it sounds the same as my Powerhead (poweramp wise).

I also tried the poweramp of my Amp1 but this is trebly in the poweramp and you have to compensate for it using the monitor EQ.

The Seymour Duncan Powerstages use the same class D amp boards as Kemper does for their powered models. ICE Power. Those are really good units. The Carvin Mach 100 looks good, but keep in mind you also have to lug the 24v power brick with it. Think laptop-size power brick.

I'm seriously thinking about buying an ICE Power board, harness and assembling my own enclosure. No power brick needed with these. I still have to work through all the steps, but so far it looks totally doable and about half the cost of a Powerstage 170, but using the exact model of amp in it.

We'll see.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The Seymour Duncan Powerstages use the same class D amp boards as Kemper does for their powered models. ICE Power. Those are really good units. The Carvin Mach 100 looks good, but keep in mind you also have to lug the 24v power brick with it. Think laptop-size power brick.

I'm seriously thinking about buying an ICE Power board, harness and assembling my own enclosure. No power brick needed with these. I still have to work through all the steps, but so far it looks totally doable and about half the cost of a Powerstage 170, but using the exact model of amp in it.

We'll see.

Where did you get the information that Seymour Duncan also installs the ICEpower module? Do you mean the ICEpower 50ASX2?

I myself built the icepower 250ASX2 into my Kemper. This is relatively uncomplicated and sounds realy great.

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• Powerstage 170 is great (TMB is unnecessary for KPA). But, if you have even the slightest ability to wire, you can save yourself $300.

ICEpower 50asx2btl + Wiring Kit

You should also use an unsymmetric to symmetric board for the Input.

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

• Thanks Ingolf - what cabs do you drive with this setup? What is their wattage?

I'm driving (carefully) a 25W 1x12 Greenback cab, less carefully a 2x12 Greenback, and even less carefully a 1x12 and a 2x12 Vintage 30 cab. These are the four cabs that I currently own/use.

• Looks like Carvin is coming out with a small pedal style 100W stereo amp in about 2 weeks. The spec says it will work with a 4 ohm load. I've had good luck with their regular PA power amps, but something like this could be used on a pedal board or sit in the back of a non-powered profiler.

https://carvinaudio.com/produc…h100-100w-pedal-amplifier

Looks interesting. Just wonder if 50 watts per side would be loud enough for live use with a full band.

• Could you explain why this may be needed?

Icepower boards expect balanced (i.e. symmetric) input signals when they're used in bridged mode, which is what you want if you're no using them in mono rather than stereo. Kemper's monitor out is unbalanced (un-symmetric) signal so you need a unbalanced to balanced converter like this converter to use the Icepower amp to its full potential.

• Icepower boards expect balanced (i.e. symmetric) input signals when they're used in bridged mode, which is what you want if you're no using them in mono rather than stereo. Kemper's monitor out is unbalanced (un-symmetric) signal so you need a unbalanced to balanced converter like this converter to use the Icepower amp to its full potential.

Ahh... I understand now.

So.....if in stereo, no need. If running mono, you'd need to convert to use the amp fully. Got it.

THANKS!!

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Is there an interest in a "Kemper-Community Amp"?

I have a prototype, similar to the Camplifier. It is based on the icepower 250asx2 including unbalanced to ballanced converter and POE interface. With the integrated of an etherCON jack from Neutrik you can additionally protect the RJ45 jack on the Kemper. The whole thing is on a plate for the installation in the KPA Head.

I could also make a stomp format version for the Kemper Stage.