Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• How are the dimensions of the plate on the back?

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• Well just for spits and giggles, I ordered a ISP Stealth Pro (stereo). Hope it gets here next week.

Looking forward to your impressions. :)

I hope you wont be dissapointed. Im very happy with it.

Actually there is one thing that bothers me about it. The lack of an on/off switch...

• Looking forward to your impressions. :)

Actually there is one thing that bothers me about it. The lack of an on/off switch...

That does seem like an omission, but I'm just hoping it'll get the volume I need for practice/gigs.

• MiniDSP makes an IcePower plate amplifier that you could just swap out the jack plate, enlarge the hole a bit too. It's pretty pricey, but you can keep an eye out on eBay for the older, cheaper version.

• Looking forward to your impressions. :)

I just fixed this for my Ritter Amp by putting one on the power cable. Took me 25 minutes (because I suck) and costed me about $3. You would need a grounded one but it's the same thing.

• I just fixed this for my Ritter Amp by putting one on the power cable. Took me 25 minutes (because I suck) and costed me about $3. You would need a grounded one but it's the same thing.

Thanks man. :)

Yes, I have been looking into something like this. Actually the cable with it integrated, but the Stealth has a clover type connection out of the transformer. So, yes, your option is best.

What do you call them exactly? :/

• Thanks man. :)

Yes, I have been looking into something like this. Actually the cable with it integrated, but the Stealth has a clover type connection out of the transformer. So, yes, your option is best.

What do you call them exactly? :/

Here in Sweden it is called something like Powerswitch for lamp cord. I guess lamp power switch would do the job when googling. Remember that you need one with ground.

If you are in Amazon-country, this could be a good alternative:

https://www.amazon.com/Eonvic-…ch&qid=1587587911&sr=8-34

• Here in Sweden it is called something like Powerswitch for lamp cord. I guess lamp power switch would do the job when googling. Remember that you need one with ground.

If you are in Amazon-country, this could be a good alternative:

https://www.amazon.com/Eonvic-…ch&qid=1587587911&sr=8-34

The alternative would work with this adapter:

https://www.lindy.co.uk/cables…erleaf-plug-adapter-p9769

I can't find the clover leaf version of your suggestion, so the lamp switch thing sounds good and cheap. :)

• I just remembered... There was a forum user: fligher that had installed a switch on the front of the rack ears. Very neat.

Im not electric savy, but he did say it was very simple.

So, if you have to cut the cord that goes from the transformer to the unit to insert the switch, does this also need to be grounded? Im thinking not?

Would something like this be ok?

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32805747324.html

The Stealth is 19V

Thanks

• I have the ISP Stealth Pro power amp. I use it for gigs and at home. It works perfectly well. It is not a class D amp!

I had the ISP Stealth. I think it was great for running the kemper into a regular guitar cab. But When I connected it to my Kemper Kab, at very low volume it was ok. But once it reached a moderate volume, (a small not full volume rehearsal) I noticed a high frequency distortion that almost sounded like a rattle in the speaker. Kind of metallic sounding. I actually thought it was a problem with my Kab. The ISP is not class D. When pushed hard it’s designed to have some saturation to it. When this meets the Kemper Kab’s ability to reproduce high frequencies, it’s not my favorite. I moved to the Seymour Duncan Powerstage and it’s great.

• I had the ISP Stealth. I think it was great for running the kemper into a regular guitar cab. But When I connected it to my Kemper Kab, at very low volume it was ok. But once it reached a moderate volume, (a small not full volume rehearsal) I noticed a high frequency distortion that almost sounded like a rattle in the speaker. Kind of metallic sounding. I actually thought it was a problem with my Kab. The ISP is not class D. When pushed hard it’s designed to have some saturation to it. When this meets the Kemper Kab’s ability to reproduce high frequencies, it’s not my favorite. I moved to the Seymour Duncan Powerstage and it’s great.

Very interesting... I have one incoming and I'll test that out

• I had the ISP Stealth. I think it was great for running the kemper into a regular guitar cab. But When I connected it to my Kemper Kab, at very low volume it was ok. But once it reached a moderate volume, (a small not full volume rehearsal) I noticed a high frequency distortion that almost sounded like a rattle in the speaker. Kind of metallic sounding. I actually thought it was a problem with my Kab. The ISP is not class D. When pushed hard it’s designed to have some saturation to it. When this meets the Kemper Kab’s ability to reproduce high frequencies, it’s not my favorite. I moved to the Seymour Duncan Powerstage and it’s great.

Interesting, yes.

My experience is very different. But in all fairness I am using it at home.

dmatthews, Lets see what you think...

• Very interesting... I have one incoming and I'll test that out

Yeah - Stealth is class A/B and produces significant distortion of the signal at higher gain levels. That is not a problem driving a typical guitar speaker which rolls off fairly drastically above 5K or so.

Running the Stealth in bridged mono is probably going to give more clean headroom. Running it stereo into 2 Kones each at 4 Ohm would give 3 dB more level than a single Kone and 6 dB better than driving two cones wired in series.

Going to a class D solution - eg the Stereo Duncan Powerstage 700 means you have massive clean headroom and none of those distortion issues. Reports on the BAM and the smaller Powerstage 170/200 are very positive also.

• Yeah - Stealth is class A/B and produces significant distortion of the signal at higher gain levels. That is not a problem driving a typical guitar speaker which rolls off fairly drastically above 5K or so.

Running the Stealth in bridged mono is probably going to give more clean headroom. Running it stereo into 2 Kones each at 4 Ohm would give 3 dB more level than a single Kone and 6 dB better than driving two cones wired in series.

Going to a class D solution - eg the Stereo Duncan Powerstage 700 means you have massive clean headroom and none of those distortion issues. Reports on the BAM and the smaller Powerstage 170/200 are very positive also.

Good info, thanks again. Hopefully I'll be testing next weekend.

• I think that 6dB figure at the end would apply if you driving the 8 ohm load with one channel. Probably only 3 dB in bridged mono.

The comparable Celestion speaker with the whizzer cone is 8 Ohm and 98 dB efficient IIRC. So, even at one watt, you have a pretty loud SPL for practice/domestic applications. It is in a band rehearsal situation where you need to keep up with other amps and drums/PAs etc that you need tons of clean amp power.

• Firstly I want to thanks all the people here. Before taking my decision concerning Amp&Cabinet, I took the time to read many interesting and useful posts on these pages.

I own a Kemper Stage. Taking into account both the technical information and the budget, I took from the cellar an old and cheap H&B 80Watt combo, removed all the stuff inside, relplacing the Amp side with a Palmer Macht 402, and the Speaker with a Kemper Cone. The result is (obviously to my ears) unbelivable. The idea of using the Macht instead of a mono solution was simply because I'd like to add a passive cabinet in the future.