Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• Cool. So the stereo right and left are like up and down?

How does it sound?

I’ve put one on top of the other to take the picture. Of course for a true stereo you need to separate the two speakers. This said, even in that configuration they sound good and, having different sources for the two channels all presets, including those with stereo delays, stereo modulations, sound good, without the phase cancellations you may have in mono.

• I finally did the comparison of the Kemper power amp vs a Fryette Power Station. Here's the video.

To me, it seems that the Fryette adds a bit more sparkle and modern sound compared to the Kemper power amp, which is more transparent.

That said, depending on what kind of tones you are using it for, you may find one better than the other.

I demonstrate crunch, clean and high gain tones in the video. Hope it's of some use!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A point to note is that the Fryette has a depth and presence control, as well as a toggle switch with three settings for the low and high end. I had everything set flat in the video, but I'm pretty sure you can dial it in to be pretty close to 1:1 versus the Kemper power amp.

It is definitely a good idea to try a few power amps with the Kemper and see which one might suit you, imo. I wish I had a BAM 200 or a Hotone or the others recommended in this thread just to test them out.

Currently using my Fryette in a stereo combination with the Kemper. At some point of time, I will get a pair of Kabinets and push them with each power amp, sounds pretty brutal through my regular cabs.

• A point to note is that the Fryette has a depth and presence control, as well as a toggle switch with three settings for the low and high end. I had everything set flat in the video, but I'm pretty sure you can dial it in to be pretty close to 1:1 versus the Kemper power amp.

This is directly from Fryette...

"The most neutral setting - the setting where the Power Station contributes the least color and reactivity - is with switches set to Flat and Presence/Depth full CCW (counter clockwise)"

• Although nice... Tastes, applications and opinions differ. The whole point of digital stuff for me is size and weight. That's it. If I would start rebuilding racks and heavy duty stuff again I would just stick to the real world...:/. One "light" powered Kemper cab is the only logical solution for me and the most logical concept for accompanying a Stage, imho.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Just received my bam 200 yesterday. Definitely a great option for a transparent power amp. I'm impressed with the quality of the unit, and it will fit in a coat pocket. I plan to add a Kemper Stage in the future to my lunchbox that I bought second hand in 2014. I will have the ability to power either unit. The bam is hardly an inconvenience to bring along with a Kab or cabinet in my opinion.

Great bam for buck:)

• Just received my bam 200 yesterday. Definitely a great option for a transparent power amp. I'm impressed with the quality of the unit, and it will fit in a coat pocket. I plan to add a Kemper Stage in the future to my lunchbox that I bought second hand in 2014. I will have the ability to power either unit. The bam is hardly an inconvenience to bring along with a Kab or cabinet in my opinion.

Great bam for buck:)

And is it loud ? :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I'm looking for a backup small amp : torn between the BAM200/powerstage170/loudster/orange baby pedal

Price is a bit of an issue so rather stay in the 150-200 range ... used powerstage or pedal baby are rare used I guess !

BAM200 and loudster would buy them new ... it's to drive my 16 ohm zilla cab !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp