Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• Just got my Kabinet and running it with a Fryette PS-2. Killer sound. And I am re-discovering the profiles on my Kemper...

The Imprints are nice but seem to have more dramatic effect on clean or cleaner profiles. Nevertheless they are worth experimenting with. The bass enhancement feature brings a lot of pressure to the sound.

• Just got my Kabinet and running it with a Fryette PS-2. Killer sound. And I am re-discovering the profiles on my Kemper...

The Imprints are nice but seem to have more dramatic effect on clean or cleaner profiles. Nevertheless they are worth experimenting with. The bass enhancement feature brings a lot of pressure to the sound.

Had PS-2, compared it to TC Electronic BAM200 - couldn't tell any difference.

• I just picked up a BAM200 locally at a good price and spent some time measuring frequency response with REW. As I suspected, it is quite far from flat with all controls at 12 o'clock. After a bit of trial and error, I found a setting that's about as close to flat as possible. See graphs below.

• After playing with the BAM200 for a few hours yesterday it seems like a good, low cost option for running a non-powered Profiler through passive speakers. When set flat per my previous post it sounds identical to a Seymour Duncan PS170. For extra credit, the folks at TC (Behringer) should offer a BAM200 variant tailored for modeler amplification: Tone stack modified to be flat at 12 o'clock, lower input gain (for nominal -10 dbu levels) and single gain control.

• how did you set up to measure with REW? I have ised it for tuning my room but never thought about measuring amps etc with it.

Very straightforward. Just run the audio interface output (usually R channel) to the input of the device and send the output back to the mic input. You may have to reduce the mic gain when testing line level devices. Be sure to disable any microphone calibration curve that may be present. Also, be very careful when checking the output of a Class D amplifier! The majority of these have both output terminals floating and can be damaged if you ground either of them. The BAM200 has an active balanced XLR line out, so I used pin 1 (Gnd) and pin 2 (+ out) as a single-ended output.

• I saw these... for home use, with an unpowered Toaster, I like the idea of a small separate (inexpensive) Class D amp sitting alongside or behind the Kabinet or head.

For larger gigs, I have a Crown XLS1502 or the DXR10s, but a simple Kabinet with a Toaster on top seems like a great “in the house” setup... and for about $75, seems worth a shot. No mods, easy....

• Bump, looking for a good power amp myself. Sounds like the SD Power 700 is the best option but would I even notice a difference with the cheaper BAM200?

I don't think you will hear a difference after matching the EQ's ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Anyone try this one? It is class D. https://www.sweetwater.com/sto…-xls-1002-power-amplifier

Also, does the Kabinet act like a normal FR speaker? Was thinking of using it from the Strymon Iridium.

It's a FR speaker, the imprints on the profiler makes it a "traditional" sounding cabinet ...

Raf

ps : guess guys compared it to celestions own FRFR speaker, search for these posts as well

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• It's a FR speaker, the imprints on the profiler makes it a "traditional" sounding cabinet ...

Raf

ps : guess guys compared it to celestions own FRFR speaker, search for these posts as well

that’s good to hear! I thought that was what was going on but just didn’t know how it would sound against a traditional FR speaker.

• Anyone else tried the Carvin MACH100 with an unpowered toasters into a Kemper Kab? Just purchased the cab and looking for a descent power amp. Thanks!

• Anyone else tried the Carvin MACH100 with an unpowered toasters into a Kemper Kab? Just purchased the cab and looking for a descent power amp. Thanks!

Should be plenty loud enough for home use... Plus, you can also run 2 cabs in stereo (runs at 4ohms), and the best thing.... it’s green! :)

• Just bought the BAM200, frankly speaking, is so cheap that if it doesnt work fine with my classic 80 2x12 cab, I might as well use it at home for a couple of speakers I have. I read about it, and it makes complete sense, the mosfet preamp just works to feed the gain channel, even at 12, a mosfet preamp would not have real impact on tone, maybe a bit of harmonic distortion desirable in some cases. And as a reference, any class D amp with fairly good design construction will be linear enough (Class D amps are linear by design). Only thing that might affect sound in a significant way, would be the tone stack. I will test it, with my own Blackheart profile to see how close it gets to the real thing.

The answer is 42

• So here we are, I can testify on the linearity of the BAM200, you can reliably use it as neutral power AMP. Here are my settings and the results feeding the amp and using the dirrect output from the BAM, the unit under the conditions shown is as linear as it can get. Gain can be used at leisure, as it doesnt change the frequency response of the amp, just to collaborate with Mr. VTGEARHEAD.

Thats for 3pm gain.

And thats for 12 pm, as linear as a power amp gets. Sounds good to me anyway :D

The answer is 42