Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• Pretty disappointed in the Harley Benton Custom line thunder 99. There is an audible hiss if you go past 9 o’clock. I would not recommend.

Well, it is cheap as chips, so I was wondering where would they stand in comparison to other portable amps (this against the EHX Magnum, and the GPA-100 against the seymour duncan PS170/200), and hearing so many mixed results makes me hesitant to go for the GPA. Looks like grounding or shielding issue.

The answer is 42

• Well, it is cheap as chips, so I was wondering where would they stand in comparison to other portable amps (this against the EHX Magnum, and the GPA-100 against the seymour duncan PS170/200), and hearing so many mixed results makes me hesitant to go for the GPA. Looks like grounding or shielding issue.

I will continue to troubleshoot. I replaced the figure 8 (c7) power cable with a US version. Maybe I bought a lousy one and need to try a replacement. I’ll try other outlets too to see if there is interference somewhere.

• Bummer. Does it need to be cranked to get a decent volume?

I don’t think it needs to be cranked. I’m sure it has plenty of power. I just got my Kone and had my expectations really high but was disappointed by the hissing sound when I turned up the power. You get what you pay for and really liked that this had a stereo option.

• Pretty disappointed in the Harley Benton Custom line thunder 99. There is an audible hiss if you go past 9 o’clock. I would not recommend.

I replaced my speaker cable with a much higher quality cable. The hiss drastically reduced. Meets all my needs as a home player. Plenty loud and clean.

• I know, that has been my home solution, not the solution. Even so, I would like to share it here in case it helps someone.

Before the Kone appearance I used to plug the Kemper's monitor out to the return of a Fender Mustang GT100. Not bad, as the GT100 mounts a Celestion G12-FSD speaker, which is a special designed speaker for this modeler amp, with a quite flat response. And it has an IcePower AS100 power amp module inside, which is a 100w 4ohm class D mono amplifier. And it made me happy, no extra money and it sounds quite well.

And then came the Kone, so to take full advantage of the Kemper's DSP imprints, what I did was to buy a Kone and change speakers. But before, I tested the G12-FSD with the new imprints and surprisingly that sounded quite good. Yes, not as good as the Kone, but enough good to thinking on mount the FSD on another cab and run the Kone and the FSD in series. And voilà, it made me sooooo happy again.

Because of it is a combo and does not have any external speaker connector, in order to make the proper connections I had to take out the wiring of the Mustang to two female jack connectors and do the same with the speaker wiring in the other cab, that actually is also and old combo. That is where the fun started:

Once the external connectors were assembled and soldered, I used a Palmer Cab Merger to connect them in series (two 4 ohm speakers in series = 8 ohm, no problem with the 4 ohm Ice Power amp).

In this way, what I have achieved is being able to choose between the Kone, the G12-FSD or both at the same time easily. And more happiness in the room, of course :).

Stay healthy all of you guys :thumbup:

• Newbie question. Bam200 Otw to run my 2x12 celestion century vintage loaded cab (still waiting for powered kabinet). What is the consensus on the Kemper master volume and the bam200 volume settings ? Max out the Kemper MV and use the bam200 volume control ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Newbie question. Bam200 Otw to run my 2x12 celestion century vintage loaded cab (still waiting for powered kabinet). What is the consensus on the Kemper master volume and the bam200 volume settings ? Max out the Kemper MV and use the bam200 volume control ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So far there is no general agreement, I always start with the power section (this case de BAM) at 0 or all left, gain 12 o´clock, then I use the kemper output master unter half volume is reached, from there you increase master to where you are comfortable listening, you only get clipping on most devices until you are almost reaching max output on the kemper, and not in all amps. Once I get my desired volume, I tweak the details, in the case of the bam, I do EQ with the kemper while I set it at the flat setting some of us have posted before.

My icepower amp, had no EQ, so the approach is the same, buy for something like the PS170 you can totally use the onboard EQ (leaves you way more range than the BAM if you want to part from flat response). Class D power amps have almost no effect on altering the tone from the input signal.

The answer is 42

Edited once, last by Alfahdj ().

• Hi there - was it in this thread or some other? Someone posted which settings on TC Electronic BAM200 are "flat" to drive a speaker?

Technically speaking, we just covered that the tone stack (which is designed for bass and a bit scooped) was flat in the direct input, but I compared sound to my real profiled amps, back and forth, and its pretty close, a bit warmer as I described, but that might have to do with the extension of the treble in the power amp. It is a great and cheap option, and I have found it pretty reliable so far.

The answer is 42

• The Bam200 says “4 ohm min”, wondering if this would be ok on my 16 ohm cab ? I’m thinking it would because it is solid state, should just be less wattage. Some input would be greatly appreciated.