Poweramp for Kemper and Kabinet.

• i was using mine at home, dont think i pushed it past 9/10 o clock

I suppose in a good size club or even a theater I'd only be using it to move some air and sound/feel like a guitar speaker near me. I mean I'd be going out to the pa anyway. I'd sure like to get an idea about the power though. I need some overhead with steel. I do have a 1 rackspace 1000W Stewart Pa power amp I'm not using but although it's 1 space it's not small or light.

• I was looking at the BAM200 at MF and read multiple reviews that complained it has no power and they doubt the 200W claim. They say it seems more like 30 or 40W and would only be good for maybe an acoustic gig. Would this be because they're going through higher ohm speakers maybe? Those that use it with the KONE seem pretty thrilled and I don't recall any power complaints. Is it adequate power for a large venue?

I wired my cab to 4 ohm ... 8 ohm would be more then enough too, also deends on how hot the input signal is !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I was looking at the BAM200 at MF and read multiple reviews that complained it has no power and they doubt the 200W claim. They say it seems more like 30 or 40W and would only be good for maybe an acoustic gig. Would this be because they're going through higher ohm speakers maybe? Those that use it with the KONE seem pretty thrilled and I don't recall any power complaints. Is it adequate power for a large venue?

I can assure you its louder than a Hotone Loudster, I use it in a 16 ohm 1x12 cab, and a 2x12 8 Ohm cab, and works great, with gain and volume at around 12 o´clock, I can be heard above a loud drum player. My 125asx2 in bridged mode is louder and cleaner (crisppier sounding), but again, I never need that much volume.

The answer is 42

• Is anyone able to point me to an easily digestible guide to help me understand all the wattages and ohms, in relations to speakers and power amps. I am but a simple man and wish to refrain from blowing my gear up.

I have an unpowered rack unit and I’m considering one of the SD powerstages and either placing 2 Kones or F12’s into a Port City 2x12. I’m leaning towards a stereo rig in order to take advantage of my TC Mimiq. Speaking of which, has anyone used their KPA and a Mimiq in conjunction by any chance? I’ve used the Mimiq through my DAW with surprisingly convincing results. LOVE that double or triple track sound ?.

Anybody try Matrix power amps, while I’m asking?

• Is anyone able to point me to an easily digestible guide to help me understand all the wattages and ohms, in relations to speakers and power amps. I am but a simple man and wish to refrain from blowing my gear up.

I have an unpowered rack unit and I’m considering one of the SD powerstages and either placing 2 Kones or F12’s into a Port City 2x12. I’m leaning towards a stereo rig in order to take advantage of my TC Mimiq. Speaking of which, has anyone used their KPA and a Mimiq in conjunction by any chance? I’ve used the Mimiq through my DAW with surprisingly convincing results. LOVE that double or triple track sound ?.

Anybody try Matrix power amps, while I’m asking?

Stereo Kones in a 2x12 works OK with the KPA and a stereo power amp. The Kone is 4 Ohm so you will need a stereo amp that drives a 4 ohm load - which the SD700 and many others will do. If you go with mono, you will want to connect the two Kones in series for an 8 Ohm load.

• Stereo Kones in a 2x12 works OK with the KPA and a stereo power amp. The Kone is 4 Ohm so you will need a stereo amp that drives a 4 ohm load - which the SD700 and many others will do. If you go with mono, you will want to connect the two Kones in series for an 8 Ohm load.

thank you for pointing me in the right direction, Antipodes!

• The Bam200 says “4 ohm min”, wondering if this would be ok on my 16 ohm cab ? I’m thinking it would because it is solid state, should just be less wattage. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

I asked the question to TC Electronics. The respondent asked tech support and got this response regarding the Bam200 into a 16ohm cab “I have had a response stating it will be safe to use with a 16ohm load, however you may notice a lower level of volume and a slightly different feel to the amp.

• Since April ive been using my KPA through a Kone which I fitted inside a Victory cabinet, and powered by a Ritter Camplifier which sound killer.

Today I plugged some Yamaha HS8 monitor speakers into it and all I can say is wow. I'd forgotten just how good the KPA sounds through monitors, Stereo is out of this world.

Bought some Soldano profiles a while ago and they sound awesome through the monitors.

For me the Kabinet/Kone or decent monitors are superior to FRFR.

That being said I used the Headrush FR unit, which isn't the best.

Happy Christmas ladies and gents.

• monitors are basically FRFR. Plastic monitors of any sort, just never worked for me

I bet it does sound glorious in stereo

Yes essentially thats what they are. Playing stereo easier with monitors unless you have a two cab set up. However I find you have to drive the guitar cabs/kones to get the best out of them and to hear the little nuances, which isn't always easy in a home environment.

Probably drifting off topic here, apologies for that.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I asked the question to TC Electronics. The respondent asked tech support and got this response regarding the Bam200 into a 16ohm cab “I have had a response stating it will be safe to use with a 16ohm load, however you may notice a lower level of volume and a slightly different feel to the amp.

As it should, 16 ohm cabs demand the same load with less output, so the response feels more "stiff" when playing, this is a reflection on the SPL from the speaker that you can feel. Nothing out of ordinary, it is true, fewer ohms are louder, but also tend to get woobly when pushed to high volumes. On the other side, 16 ohms speakers in my experience, "fart" a lot at high volumes. Just experiment with what you have, never use max volume straight out, and you will feel when is the time to stop pushing your cab.

The answer is 42

• Lol, you all have me torn between the the Kones or F12’s!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays by the way!!

Kones for imprints (tuned for that), F12s for flat response cabinets (some people report convincing results with imprints too), thats my take on it.

The answer is 42

• Still in doubt how to go best to stereo again, before had a HS8 setup. but really liked the Kemper cabinet.

I have powered Kemper and want to use a Slash SL5 (by adding a Kone speaker) for stereo setup....

Best would be the british audio fix to make the internal poweramp stereo again, but don't want to ship it to US.

Alternatively a Poweramp 700.. pretty expensive, or two bam200 :)

if i had a non powered profiler would have gone already for the stereo campliflier

and i'm sure Kemper one day goes stereo... but days are long at Kemper :P

• ......As you say., other Class D options like the SD Powerstage units are more suitable on paper but more expensive for sure. The smaller ones (170/200 mono) run off an external power brick.

The 170 and 200 do not require a power brick. Just a 3 prong IEC cable from the wall. Both have their power supplies built-in.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The 170 and 200 do not require a power brick. Just a 3 prong IEC cable from the wall. Both have their power supplies built-in.

OK - sorry about that. I got some info from SD support - advice on using the 170 in different power systems (110/240 volt). I was advised that only the 700 supports this (this was prior to release of 200) I got the idea that this related to external PSU but apparently that is incorrect.