Annoying sound through Headphones!

• Hi folks, I recently purchased IEMs for my live gigs. I tried to check them while at home through both my audio interface and headphones input on Kemper but the sound was horrible! It sounded like cab was off, too loud and muddy. I even tried a headphone amp, adjusted pure cabinet and space parameter but no improvement at all.

Any ideas?:)

• Well , you have to test with different headphones to sort out if the problem

is within the Kemper or if there is something wrong with the IEM.

Test one thing at the time and disconnect everything else.

Does the IEM run on batteries ? Battery status good ?

Too hot signal ? Line in or ..... ? Good quality IEM brand ?

Many factors to consider .....:/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Well as for IEMs I use the Shure 425, along with a brand new Fisher in ear stick amp, fresh batteries and all. Music playback sounds perfect but when it comes to monitoring my profiles it is frustrating

• Havent tested yet, I dunno if the the beyerdynamic 770 pro falls in this category. Same horrible sound

turn off the KP, remove all cables connected to the Kemper, just plug your guitar, your 770pro and a MB Britt clean profile free. Turn on and test it. Does it still sound harsh? If you use studio monitors or FRFR does it sound harsh?

• No it sounds fantastic through my studio monitors. I think some parameter is messed up, so maybe I'll have to do a reset when I get back home and test again through the headphones only, everything else disconnected...

• Take a look at the output menu, there's a separate eq control section for 'main' and 'monitor' outputs. I think the headphones are linked to the main output. See if they're both set the same...

Also a few other settings like 'monitor cab off' there you could check.

Headphones should sound really great! Something must be off. Maybe the reset will help.