Amplifier options for Kabinet and or Kone 2020.

• With the soon to be available Kabinet/Kone no one seems to be discussing the amplification options for unpowered toasters, racks and stages.

There are admittedly threads on the subject pre Kabinet mostly with frfr the target, I feel the need to consider the options post 2020 with power being delivered to th Kab/Kone.

I personally have had the original unpowered toaster since late 2012 and was initially disappointed when the power retrofit was abandoned due to regulations.

In reality the Kemper has been my canvas in the home studio and I have relied upon my Deluxe Reverb with a small pedal board for my out of house duties which covers my blues/jazz and funk needs admirably.

With the introduction of the unpowered Kabinet, I was hit with gas, love to bring the kempers powers to my regular but limited live gigs. My initial thought was to wait for the powered version but with Kemper tight liped I feel I may regret waiting, let’s face it patience is essential, and who knows what they may actually offer.

While a mono only solution initially have me covered I can’t help but think a stereo option with a second Kab later on might be a path I would like to try, mmm gooodness.

Ideally for myself a Kabinet with class D stereo 2 x 100 w with bridged mono 200 w would be fantastic, but that is not the case at the moment.

I have considered Ritters Amplifications Camplifier, they now offer a fanless product with unfussy ohm issues and world wide power, ticks a lot of boxes for toasters but leaves rack and stage users unanswered.

The Seymour Duncan PowerStage 700 and 170 and forthcoming 200 seem great, use the class D ice modules which Kemper has favoured for their product’s.

The Matrix offerings get some love around the web, seem to be class a/b though, does this mean heat and weight issues?

Orange has the class A/B pedal baby but it seems to be designed to clip, not allowing much clean headroom much like the EHX magnum pedals.

Searching the webs I see offerings that market to P.A and DJ’s that may offer a solution, numerous inexpensive options but to me the standouts are the Behringer offerings, the A800 and NX1000, class D, bridged mono and stereo, seems to be the best bang for buck almost a 1/3 of the price of the Power Stage 700 where I live.

So I put this to you my enlightened Kempernauts, what do you see the answer is for your needs?, does anyone have experience with any of these products and what are your thoughts, class A/B vs class D, power required for a bar gig, can you handle having a Behringer product in your rig, just stop whinging about the price and fork out for PowerStage 700 or Matrix?, do you know of any other hidden gems. Are tube power amps still an option!, CK seems to say nay, what do you think speculate or know.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• You did your research well Delinquent.

I've been in the same boat not wanting to wait until a powered Kabinet finally arrives. Also an external amp makes me independent and I can use any other cab that might be present at venues as I see fit.

Personally I opted for the PS 170 as I love the more smallish form factor vs the 700.

Should I eventually go stereo I'd switch to the 700 or (more likely) buy another 170.

• Edit - I moved this question to Kone & Kabinet Q&A

I'm curious about the Kemper Kone or Kemper Kabinet.

Looking at the specifications it looks like I could use my Bose A1 PackLite Amp (250 watts RMS into 4 ohms) 3 pounds

Profiler (unpowered) -> Bose A1 amp -> Kemper Kabinet

I have two of these Bose A1 amps so I could run stereo if so moved

SPECIFICATIONS

KEMPER Kabinet

Height 42 cm (16.54 inches)

Width 51 cm (23.62 inches)

Depth 23 cm (9.06 inches)

Weight 11,30 kg (24.91 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hzac

KEMPER Kone

Dimensions

30.5 cm (12 inches)

Weight 3,90 kg (8.60 pounds)

Power Handling 200W rms

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Range 50 - 10.000 Hz

Cut-out-diameter 28,3 cm (11,14 inches)

I wonder if I could install the Kemper Kones in these cabinets

EV M-12G (note, these are sealed wedge type stage monitors)

Do you think I can swap in the Kemper Kones in these cabinets replacing the EVM 12L drivers?

The cabinets have EVM 12L Series II drivers installed.

Bolt Circle Diameter 294 mm (11.56 in.)
    Mounting Hole Diameter (eight evenly spaced holes) 7.1 mm (0.28 in.)-letter "L" drill