Help with creating performances effectively?

• Hi all,

I understand if some of you will respond with RTFM here, but if there are a couple of gentle souls that appreciate time pressure, I will be grateful.

Long time user of the Kemper here, but for the upcoming gigs (starting next week) I’ve realised that I need to program a series of scenes. That’s easy, but I had hoped I could benefit from some best practice tips, since I have to get this up and running fast for pre production starting monday ;)

1 for each scene I need typically a couple of distorted amps and clean amps, each with delays with a set tempo and volume.

Is there an easy and effective way (i know it is but i forgot) to use the same amps and delays across the scenes, and then just adjust the gain, delay level and tempo etc for each scene?

Also: i might want to globally adjust all instances of the amp across the scenes. E.g if I find that all distorted amps on scenes 1-16 need adjustment, is there a way to make the amp I use global, so that by adjusting one amp, I fix all amps across the scenes?

2 any best practice tips for creating a set of 16 songs (scenes)?

Have the floor board and an expression pedal for wah.

Thank you!

• I start in Rig Manager by copying the base rig(s) into the performance and naming the individual slots accordingly. Then I tweak the slots on the Kemper, with a guitar part going in the looper so I have my hands free.

• My approach is: one performance per song and I use the same basic performance for each song and make minor tweaks from there (little more or less delay, a different time signature in the delay etc). You can set the bpm for each performance.

However, I have not found a way for global adjustments across performances for amp profile parameters like gain and volume. Until the editor is out (for me: not until it is out of beta) You have to do that on the profiler, for each slot in the performance. the most efficient way to my experience is to create a rig with the desired profile settings in your library and copy that into each of the desired amp slots of the performances you want to change.