Weird Stage Potential Issue

• Played a gig last night with my Profiler Stage which I really like so far. For one song, I had to switch to Performance 2, Slot 1 for a song in 1/2 step down and a tap tempo. For some reason, the slot didn't activate, but perhaps maybe I can chalk that up to foot inaccuracy or human error. Than I went back to Performance 1, Slot 3 which is just a Dumble driven profile I use for most songs. However, for some reason, I think that patch somehow turned into a 1/2 step down (Eb) patch. For a few songs, my mates and I were a half step off, and we couldn't figure out why. I kept checking my tuning and it was fine. There was no Transpose assigned to the slot in that rig. Bass player and rhythm guitarist said they were both in standard and tuned properly. I ended up switching guitars and patches and then things were fine. After the set I restarted my Kemper Stage, and rig 3 was working fine. Is it possible there was some glitch or the Transpose carried over from somewhere and was active even though it's not a part of the one rig's specific effects chain I was using? Has anything like this happened to anyone? I can do my best to clarify if there's any confusion. Thanks for your time.

• Interesting.

Best is to contact support to have them investigate this glitch (of which I've never heard before).

The glitch is only a guess. I guess I want to know if something like that is even possible. Is it possible for the Transpose to be active in a patch where it's not assigned to an effects slot?

• Is it possible for the Transpose to be active in a patch where it's not assigned to an effects slot?

I think the Transpose function is effective on the guitar input, and new frequencies will be calculated before the signal goes into the chain. So effects will get the changed signal.

• The glitch is only a guess. I guess I want to know if something like that is even possible. Is it possible for the Transpose to be active in a patch where it's not assigned to an effects slot?

My backup Kemper Stage did this to me last week so I left it home for my fly gig this weekend.
    Moving up to the next performance that should have no transpose set left the tone down rig transpose setting from the previous performance. This was reproducible at the time. Just didn’t have the time to investigate further before setting off.

Funnily enough, this was running on a backup (applied via usb) from my main Kemper Stage which I could not get to exhibit the same problem. Both running the same OS 7.1.5.

I found double clicking one of the 1-5 switches seemed to clear the pitch transpose setting and put the rigs in the performance back to normal.

Weirdly though, when I first discovered this, the sound I was using was on preset switch 3 so, even though I had pressed that switch once, it had not cleared the pitch setting from the previous performance. I know this switch 3 definitely engaged as it has a very specific delay on it.

• My backup Kemper Stage did this to me last week so I left it home for my fly gig this weekend.
    Moving up to the next performance that should have no transpose set left the tone down rig transpose setting from the previous performance. This was reproducible at the time. Just didn’t have the time to investigate further before setting off.

Funnily enough, this was running on a backup (applied via usb) from my main Kemper Stage which I could not get to exhibit the same problem. Both running the same OS 7.1.5.

I found double clicking one of the 1-5 switches seemed to clear the pitch transpose setting and put the rigs in the performance back to normal.

Weirdly though, when I first discovered this, the sound I was using was on preset switch 3 so, even though I had pressed that switch once, it had not cleared the pitch setting from the previous performance. I know this switch 3 definitely engaged as it has a very specific delay on it.

How would you reproduce this issue? And why has it only happened this one time? The next performance + patch I did have to move up to did have a transpose set in. I just don't see how that transpose could be carried down from the 2nd to the 1st performance? How is that even possible? That wouldnt be a reliable gigging tool at all.

• I was able to reproduce it at the time by simply going between the two performances that I noticed it happen with. This was on Thursday. Only got back from gig yesterday so not checked if the backup Kemper Stage is still doing this since it has been powered off.
    I agree, it should not be possible. I can’t get my main Kemper Stage to do it even though the usb backup that is on the effected unit was taken from this main unit.

• I was able to reproduce it at the time by simply going between the two performances that I noticed it happen with. This was on Thursday. Only got back from gig yesterday so not checked if the backup Kemper Stage is still doing this since it has been powered off.
    I agree, it should not be possible. I can’t get my main Kemper Stage to do it even though the usb backup that is on the effected unit was taken from this main unit.

I will have to try to reproduce it tonight. Have you tried bringing it up to tech support? ANd you're saying IF it does happen again, double click the new rig or click out of it and come back and it should be okay?

• I will have to try to reproduce it tonight. Have you tried bringing it up to tech support? ANd you're saying IF it does happen again, double click the new rig or click out of it and come back and it should be okay?

I didn’t get time. I was flying out to Portugal to do a gig so just grabbed an AX8 flight case and used that as backup. I used my other Kempers Stage that was not displaying the same behaviour for the gig.
    Yes, once I reproduced it, double clicking the rig (I don’t have any morph states on any of my rigs or performances) cleared the rig transpose from the previous rig.

• I didn’t get time. I was flying out to Portugal to do a gig so just grabbed an AX8 flight case and used that as backup. I used my other Kempers Stage that was not displaying the same behaviour for the gig.
    Yes, once I reproduced it, double clicking the rig (I don’t have any morph states on any of my rigs or performances) cleared the rig transpose from the previous rig.

Just tried tonight and everything worked fine. I couldn't reproduce anything. I just played around on all my patches tuned differently and things switched no problem, even between performances. Any ideas?

• No, sorry. No ideas at all.

Hey Vinny Burns, Used my Kemper stage at rehearsal yesterday with no issues. I am still dumb founded as to what happened at the last gig. Even between songs at rehearsal yesterday I was switching between performances and patches with my transpose and didnt have any issues. I may reach out to support anyway just to see if they have any ideas.