Kemper Kone and line 6 powercab

• Hi. I have a keeper stage and a pair of line 6 power cabs. They work very well together. However being the curious type I wonder if there will be much difference between the powercab speakers and the kemper kone. I’m always going to have the itch to install kemper kone drivers into the power cabs.

• HI, as the Line6 has a compression driver I don´t think it will work. The Kone Speaker is a replacement for a normal Guitar Box Speaker. Or you have to find a way to deactivate the compression driver ;)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

Edited once, last by hafi19 ().

• The word around the camp fire seems to be the Kone has a response tailored specifically to the DSP and vice versa, so they work as an integrated pair and may not sound very nice if one component of the pair is replaced. But you can stick a power amp between the two and everything will still sound good (necessary when using an unpowered Kone cab with a Stage or unpowered Kemper).

If it is possible to get a full frequency response from the Powercab "woofer" amp (maybe available in its tweeter off mode), it should work with a Kone. But in standard Powercab FRFR mode, it probably uses two power amps, one for the woofer and one for the tweeter. In that case the internal active crossover would not allow full frequencies to the woofer, and that would not be good for use with a Kone. I'm not sure how you would find out haw the internals of the Powercab actually works; no schematics seem to be available for the Powercab yet, and Line 6 would not be too keen on answering questions on Powercab modification. It would be a shot in the dark until some adventurous soul gives it a try.

• I've got a PC+ and i've looked for this too.

I assume it's impossible cause the Kone is a 4 Ohms and the speaker into the L6 PC+ is a 8 Ohms.....

The first thing i'm gonna try is the kemper imprints. We can turn the PC+ into the raw modeling (that cuts the tweater), you can adjust the High/low cut, i think it should/can give good results. It'll be the easier/cheapest first test ! ;)

• I've got a PC+ and i've looked for this too.

I assume it's impossible cause the Kone is a 4 Ohms and the speaker into the L6 PC+ is a 8 Ohms.....

The first thing i'm gonna try is the kemper imprints. We can turn the PC+ into the raw modeling (that cuts the tweater), you can adjust the High/low cut, i think it should/can give good results. It'll be the easier/cheapest first test ! ;)

Great point on the Kone's 4 ohm impedance, I hadn't caught that yet. The 4 ohm impedance vs. the PC's 8 ohm is critical and a showstopper for installing a Kone in a PC (unless someone can find an internal Line 6 spec that the PC's power amp is good for 4 ohms). 4 ohms probably won't hurt the PC's power amp, but might make it go into thermal shutdown during loud gigs, making it unreliable for live use.

• I would also assume, that the Line 6 Power Cab electronics include a correction algorithm for their particular chassis, which cannot be suppressed. Better wait for a powered KEMPER Kabinet.