How to get the effects of Thunder's Gimme Shelter with the Kemper?

• The british band Thunder made an interesting version of the Stones title 'Gimme Shelter' (see

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ) which starts with an interesting chord intro using some effect combinations. I want to reproduce these sound effect, but what I've tried with Tremolo is not sounding good. Anyone reading this hear and give me a good advice how I can get near these sound effect?

• Having cover this myself in a previous life, most of the effect I think is from the fingers ( i.e. this is plucked not picked).

I assume you are doing this already? Also I've never checked this, just the way I used to play it.

• yes, i do it with fingers. Used a tremolo effect, but that's not convincing. Need a somewhat stuttering effect like the guitarrist of Thunder used it. Might be a combination of effects. As I am not good with tweaking with effects, I'm asking here...

• From a quick listen, I think there are two guitars playing the same part, with a slow flange/chorus.

So, a doubling Delay, with a modulation effect.

It isn't tremolo. The part is being played using thumb and fingers to play multiple strings at the same time, in combination with muting the strings between chords (by stopping the strings mostly with the picking fingers, and sometimes with the fretting hand).

• The part is being played using thumb and fingers to play multiple strings at the same time, in combination with muting the strings between chords (by stopping the strings mostly with the picking fingers, and sometimes with the fretting hand).

Phew, I got it right :)