Kemper Rack without 600 Watts power amp, connecting to Marshall JCM 2000 with 4x4 cabinets

• Hello together,

I own a Kemper Rack without a power amp. I am going to have a reahersal where they provide a Marshall JCM 2000 with 4x4 cabinets. I just wondered, if I can set the sound of my Kemper Rack (Main Output) into the Return Loop of the Marshall and thus use the power amp of the Marshall.

Is this possible? Will I destroy something?

Cheers,

Moritz

• 4x4 won't sound very good :(

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• The Kemper has an amp section and a cab section. If you don't turn off the cabinet, you will get the cabinet model played through your cabinet, i.e you get it twice. That will not sound to good. Since you have a proper real cabinet, turn of the cab on the Kemper!

• Sorry I was making a bad joke (as always). You wrote 4x4 which typically means 4 x 4inch speakers. I'm sure you meant a 4x12. It will sound awesome.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• musicmad NO ! 4x4 means that You have 4 driving wheels (instead of 4 steering wheels like in std 4x12 Mashall cabs),

It's raccomended in order to transmit more power on the floor 8o

baymoritz

If you use the ''Monitor Out'' output instead of ''Main Out'' output to run the JCM2000 fx loop, it's better to flag with the soft button ''monitor cab off''

You find it at page 1 of the Output section Menu (press the button OUTPUT and use the PAGE button to go there)

• Do you mean the entire stack (Amp, EQ and Cab)? If yes, you can turn off the stack in one rig and then lock that setting. This will apply to all your rigs until you unlock the stack again.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)