My "replacement" for the first defective Stage

• Received my replacement Stage today. First one had issues with the effects I and II buttons. They had to be pressed multiple times to work. Now, with my replacement, same issue is happening with bank up, with a bonus feature: once it connects, it acts like it is being held down. I guess I wasn't meant to have nice things.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music

• That's horrible and unforgivable8|. I can't believe:

a) That the issue is so widespread that at least one person (more, I think) has had more than one faulty unit in a row

b) That they would send out a replacement without testing it due to a)

I hope they have a pretty tight supply agreement with the switch supplier. I can't imagine how much impact this has had on their bottom line and brand perception of quality. Product Managers have nightmares about this sort of thing, as they should.

• That's horrible and unforgivable8|. I can't believe:

a) That the issue is so widespread that at least one person (more, I think) has had more than one faulty unit in a row

b) That they would send out a replacement without testing it due to a)

I hope they have a pretty tight supply agreement with the switch supplier. I can't imagine how much impact this has had on their bottom line and brand perception of quality. Product Managers have nightmares about this sort of thing, as they should.

It took me 3 tries to get a good one myself. I went direct through Kemper and the 1st two of them had issues, minor issues but issues none the less.

My first one had a knob that came unglued minutes after taking it out of the box, my second one had a bad LED. One one hand it is good that they RMA'd both and got the bad units address. Unfortunately I was with out a unit for a week the first time. The third unit was tested before shipping and I have not had any issues since that one.

• Honestly stuff like this and the bug I experiences last week is whats convincing me to pick up one of the new Line 6 POD Gos as a backup when they release. For the price, it can't be beat as a backup unit.

• Honestly stuff like this and the bug I experiences last week is whats convincing me to pick up one of the new Line 6 POD Gos as a backup when they release. For the price, it can't be beat as a backup unit.

To be honest if I had experienced the bugs I have been seeing on here, would sell and go back to tube amps. The only reason I use a digital platform is for reliability. Fortunately the ones that I see being reported are coming from stores and not directly from Kemper. Seems they may be weeding out the bad ones.

• there should be no " Bad Ones" two defective units in a row,,shipped to the same guy,, is not good,,

I love my rack, 7 years with out any big problems and I really want a floor solution,, but man, this is just not right.

I am waiting, as long as it takes,,for them to ship,, only working units,, to everyone,

Mine has known two roundtrips....

In fact, i was about to buy a backup but it's hard for me to think so !

I have bought, all over the years, a Boss ME-25 (200$), a L6 firehawk fx (400$), a L6 Helix LT (800$) and never met any problem, it's really hard to admit that i have bought a double price device which is not as reliable X(....And I should/prefer buying other stuffs with the backup price...;)

• So I received Stage number 3 today. I noticed upon powering it up that it had Public Beta version 7.1.17 installed on it. I thought they came with the latest official release loaded, not a beta version. Could this have been a refurb? Hope this one works. Fingers crossed.

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music

• So I received Stage number 3 today. I noticed upon powering it up that it had Public Beta version 7.1.17 installed on it. I thought they came with the latest official release loaded, not a beta version. Could this have been a refurb? Hope this one works. Fingers crossed.

That would indicate to me that they have gone through the device and ensured that all things are working. It was my third Stage that did the trick. Mine third one has been perfect since I received it back in the beginning of September.

• That would indicate to me that they have gone through the device and ensured that all things are working. It was my third Stage that did the trick. Mine third one has been perfect since I received it back in the beginning of September.

I hope I have the same luck. One interesting thing was when I went in to set up the name on it, the name that was already there was "NAMM User." Hmmm.....

Donnie St. James

Monkeyboy Music