System reset not restoring factory rigs & presets - and no option showing up to do this in "system settings"

• Hi,

I did a system restore yesterday (turn on while holding down soft-button 1) but it didn't restore the factory content - rigs and effects presets are completely empty. I even tried another system reset immediately afterwards to see if I'd missed something, but the only available option is to "init from flash" (or something like that), nowhere in the process am I given an option regarding restoring factory content.

Also, I've read there should be an option in "system settings" (on page 1 I believe) to restore factory rigs and effects presets - there is no such option anywhere in my system settings.

I had previously updated the the latest (non beta) OS via the Rig Manager by the way.

I know I can copy the factory rigs and presets over using the Rig Manager, but just wanted to check if what I have described above is normal.

Thanks!

• The Maintenance Mode you might have used was never official and should only be used if advised by our support staff. It is not described in any KEMPER document.

Current software has no function to reset the unit to as-delivered state. There is just a - again non-official - function to wipe out all data. That is probably what you performed.

The easiest way to recover all factory Rigs and presets is via Rig Manager. You find Factory Content 7 under Rigs and presets.

• I was just following the procedure described in this thread here:

All profiles lost bottom end, sound a little nasal and brittle *SOLVED*

Other than wiping the data - which is, fine, I hadn't saved any use presets or anything yet - I can't have done any harm in doing this can I? e.g nothing else I need to do now in order to make sure my Kemper functions normally? Other than just copy back the presets etc. via Rig Manager?

• The reset described in that thread from 2017 doesn't apply to current OS.

ou wiped out all data and reset all global parameters to default. If you import Rigs and presets you are done.