Help for a total noob!

• Just got my Kemper profiling head today and after months of watching online videos I'm playing with it and getting decent function out of it. However, I've got some questions that apparently I'm bad at wording because I can't find help on Google. Please help if you can!

1) I profiled my Fender Custom Deluxe 68 Reissue and am happy with the way it sounds (I'm sure I'll want to redo them once I really know my way around). I saved it but didn't type in much of the data apart from my username and the amp name. Is there a way to edit this on my computer so I don't have to scroll through every letter of every line?

2) I saved my new profiles and now I want to add stompboxes to them, how do I do this?

3) I'm not sure what a "rig" is, but it looks like it is a grouping of 4 preset profiles that you keep in the shortcut. How do I set mine rig up?

4) I'm running my Kemper out to my Focusrite Scarlett Solo and would love to have it come out of my computer speakers but can't figure out how to do that (other than recording and then playing back). How can I get the live sound out of my computer speakers?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such rookie questions!

• Hey, we've all been rookies, mate.

1) I profiled my Fender Custom Deluxe 68 Reissue and am happy with the way it sounds (I'm sure I'll want to redo them once I really know my way around). I saved it but didn't type in much of the data apart from my username and the amp name. Is there a way to edit this on my computer so I don't have to scroll through every letter of every line?

Install Rig Manager on your computer. You can use your keyboard to type details into any of the tag fields.

2) I saved my new profiles and now I want to add stompboxes to them, how do I do this?

Press and hold a stomp-slot button 'til it comes into focus (relevant screen appears); it's pretty self-explanatory from there.

3) I'm not sure what a "rig" is, but it looks like it is a grouping of 4 preset profiles that you keep in the shortcut. How do I set mine rig up?

A Rig is simply the Profile (including the cabinet component if it was included whilst Profiling) plus all the Stomps, Effects, EQ and other settings you've tweaked to go with that Profile.

4) I'm running my Kemper out to my Focusrite Scarlett Solo and would love to have it come out of my computer speakers but can't figure out how to do that (other than recording and then playing back). How can I get the live sound out of my computer speakers?

You'll have to set up "input monitoring" in your DAW software (the app you record in). Consult the relevant PDF.

I've got some questions that apparently I'm bad at wording because I can't find help on Google

I have one suggestion:

Instead of using Google, word-search the manual; it's excellent and very-comprehensive.

Welcome, mate. You'll be all over this stuff before long.

• Hi TheMTJ , welcome and have fun with your Kemper and here in the forum. As Monkey_Man said we all were starters with the thing at a time. Don't worry to ask here :)

In addition to the great advice above I'd really emphasize the point to go through the manual once, not reading it all but to see what topics are covered where. It's really comprehensive. Additionally there is a whole lot of good YouTube videos and tutorials out there. Those help a lot for quick introduction.

As you already made your first profiles I think you're on a good way. Take some time and don't give up - its really worth it :)

• Thank you so much! I ended up staying up for a few hours past my usual bedtime to play with stuff and figured out the stomp boxes and rigs. I'm wondering if there is a way (other than the Favorites menu) to lock in a few shortcuts so I can quickly switch during a gig or if using the favorites menu is the best I can do.

I've got a few rigs uploaded username TheMTJ, I'd love some feedback on how I'm doing with them!

• Hi TheMTJ , welcome and have fun with your Kemper and here in the forum. As Monkey_Man said we all were starters with the thing at a time. Don't worry to ask here :)

In addition to the great advice above I'd really emphasize the point to go through the manual once, not reading it all but to see what topics are covered where. It's really comprehensive. Additionally there is a whole lot of good YouTube videos and tutorials out there. Those help a lot for quick introduction.

As you already made your first profiles I think you're on a good way. Take some time and don't give up - its really worth it :)

This is a rare place on the internet! I'm being treated with respect, decency, and inclusion. Perhaps Kemper should take over Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.?

• This is a rare place on the internet! I'm being treated with respect, decency, and inclusion.

Well spotted, yes this community here is a nice place with a lot of very friendly people around. And the mods from Kemper do a great job to keep it like that.