Restoring my Backup

• Hello Everyone, I downgraded my firmware from the Beta to 7.1.5 to be more safe during gigs (think I experienced a glitch/bug). Backed up my files to my computer. Transferred the backed up file to my USB stick and when I go to restore on the kemper stage, it is saying nothing is on the stick. Any advice?

• Backed up my files to my computer

What steps did you take to do this?

A Backup file previously created to a USB drive would need to be put into the Backups folder of a Kemper-formatted USB drive to be recognized by the Restore function in the Kemper.

If you copied the contents of your Kemper to your computer using Rig Manager, the files would need to be put into the Shared directory of the USB drive to be recognized by the Import function.

• What steps did you take to do this?

A Backup file previously created to a USB drive would need to be put into the Backups folder of a Kemper-formatted USB drive to be recognized by the Restore function in the Kemper.

If you copied the contents of your Kemper to your computer using Rig Manager, the files would need to be put into the Shared directory of the USB drive to be recognized by the Import function.

I put a USB stick in the back of my Kemper Stage and formatted it in browser mode. Then I clicked soft button to backup. Plugged the USB stick into my computer and dragged the file out of the USB stick. Downgraded my kemper to 7.1.5 then emptied out the USB file. Dragged the backup file to the USB stick and put it back in the Kemper but saying nothing is on the USB

• "Plugged the USB stick into my computer and dragged the file out of the USB stick. Downgraded my KEMPER to 7.1.5 then emptied out the USB file. Dragged the backup to the USB stick and put it back in the KEMPER...."

Not clear, why you did all that!?

If you created a backup on your USB stick under a beta OS, you should simply downgrade. As soon as you plug in the USB stick under 7.1.5 release or just leave it plugged, you are able to restore the backup. PROFILER backups created under any 7 revision are compatible and USB sticks once acquainted to a PROFILER don't need reformatted.

• "Plugged the USB stick into my computer and dragged the file out of the USB stick. Downgraded my KEMPER to 7.1.5 then emptied out the USB file. Dragged the backup to the USB stick and put it back in the KEMPER...."

Not clear, why you did all that!?

If you created a backup on your USB stick under a beta OS, you should simply downgrade. As soon as you plug in the USB stick under 7.1.5 release or just leave it plugged, you are able to restore the backup. PROFILER backups created under any 7 revision are compatible and USB sticks once acquainted to a PROFILER don't need reformatted.

Thanks for responding Burkhard. Allow me to explain. I thought when you download new software on the kemper, the only thing that can be on the USB stick is that file for the software. I had to downgrade to 7.1.5 because I experienced a weird issue during a gig and I was running the beta. I get what you're saying, but I am still confused as to why my Stage unit didnt read the file on the USB stick to restore it. What exactly did I do wrong? I had the backup file on the USB stick. Does it need to be renamed to something else so the Kemper can read it?

• The first time you plug a USB memory stick into the PROFILER, it creates three folders: Shared, Backups, OS Update. Backups are stored in the folder "Backups" and the restore searches there. If that folder doesn't exist, the restore might not work. There is no need to wipe this structure and data out for an upgrade or downgrade. It sounds like you destroyed this structure.

• The first time you plug a USB memory stick into the PROFILER, it creates three folders: Shared, Backups, OS Update. Backups are stored in the folder "Backups" and the restore searches there. If that folder doesn't exist, the restore might not work. There is no need to wipe this structure and data out for an upgrade or downgrade. It sounds like you destroyed this structure.

That makes sense. How would I fix this now?

• Check if there are those three folders on your USB memory stick: Shared, Backups, OS Update.

If yes, store the backup file in folder "Backups".

Then perform the restore.

If not, make sure you still have a copy of that backup archive in your PC.

Plug USB memory stick into PROFILER and select USB Stick/Format Device.

Then copy the backup archive from PC to USB memory stick into folder "Backups".

Then perform restore.