Monitor, speaker, cab recommendation.

• So I just had my first rehearsal with my new-to-me Stage and new Headrush 108. For the life of me I couldn't get the 108 to be loud enough to cut through the band without bottoming out the driver. Clearly I need to work on my high-pass filters on my rigs, but I was quite disappointed. Returning and ordering a 112, but I admit to being a bit apprehensive that the 112 will do the same. I'm really confused since they tout its ability to be used by bassists, too. Am I missing something? I was connected to the main out of the Kemper and it does just fine at "reasonable" volume, but getting the Headrush at about 2 o'clock and the Kemper main volume at 12 it just couldn't deal.

• The cost of a good FRFR powered speaker is painful for sure; however, IMO it is worth it.

This is particularly true if you are not projecting your guitar through the PA, but rather with the monitor speaker. In this case, it is even more important to get a good FRFR speaker.

If you can snag a used DSR112, I think you will find that you can bury everything else on stage if that is your desire.

My personal opinion is that if the Headrush is getting burried then EVERYTHING on stage is too loud.

• Picked up the headrush frfr112 to tide me over until the kemper kabinet is available.

I plugged in a regular 1/4” TS speaker cable (from my amp head to 212 cab) from monitor output to frfr112 input.

1) I feel like there’s quite a bit of unwanted noise or hiss. Any thoughts?

2) is it best to turn the kemper volume way up and keep the headrush lower or vice versa?

Overall it sounds pretty decent and gets loud for my needs at home but wish I could kill some of the “PA speaker system” hiss noise.

• Don't use a speaker cable. Use a guitar cable instead.

• Just to be clear, you are not taking the speaker output from your powered Kemper into the headrush?

You don;t put powered out into a powered FRFR. You are using the main or monitor out?

Hence it does not need to be a speaker cable.

• So I just had my first rehearsal with my new-to-me Stage and new Headrush 108. For the life of me I couldn't get the 108 to be loud enough to cut through the band without bottoming out the driver. Clearly I need to work on my high-pass filters on my rigs, but I was quite disappointed. Returning and ordering a 112, but I admit to being a bit apprehensive that the 112 will do the same. I'm really confused since they tout its ability to be used by bassists, too. Am I missing something? I was connected to the main out of the Kemper and it does just fine at "reasonable" volume, but getting the Headrush at about 2 o'clock and the Kemper main volume at 12 it just couldn't deal.

The 112 came in this afternoon. Haven't used it in a rehearsal setting, but just in my room a quick loudness test felt like it had the headroom and driver excursion to kill anyone within 100 feet. I've also adjusted the HPF on all of my rigs to have a bit friendlier low end. We'll see how things go next week. I'm cautiously optimistic. (Of course the drummer threatened to bring in his full-sized kit to keep up.)

• Just to be clear, you are not taking the speaker output from your powered Kemper into the headrush?

You don;t put powered out into a powered FRFR. You are using the main or monitor out?

Hence it does not need to be a speaker cable.

No, I was only using MONITOR OUTPUT. I tried a regular TS cable and I think it's better than the TRS was. Since I'm not gigging I also got an XLR cable on the way to try that XLR to XLR mono only into the 112.

• Just checking :)

I think the TS cable from MONITOR OUT or the XLR from MAIN OUT (mono) basically sounds the same. The TRS balanced cable I tried seemed to add noise/hiss to the equation.

The FRFR112 even without any input playing has a certain level of speaker hiss/noise like a PA system would without any sound coming out...a little unlike a guitar cab that you could have quiet.

• The FRFR112 even without any input playing has a certain level of speaker hiss/noise like a PA system would without any sound coming out...a little unlike a guitar cab that you could have quiet.

Yep, I've noticed this too. No input at all there's a hiss. Clearly when there's tone being run through it it's a non issue, and I imagine in a rehearsal atmosphere or especially in a gig it will be completely unnoticeable.

• Yep, I've noticed this too. No input at all there's a hiss. Clearly when there's tone being run through it it's a non issue, and I imagine in a rehearsal atmosphere or especially in a gig it will be completely unnoticeable.

Yeah I noticed that a noise gate to tame any amps is obviously helpful but the Headrush doesn't get completely silent. Again is a $300 speaker so not the best out there, but then again it's just a stop-gap for me to be able to keep playing until the Kabinet comes out.

• is it best to turn the kemper volume way up and keep the headrush lower or vice versa?

This question was not answered yet. And so, because I also face it, I repeat it here. So, how do you guys set the Output level for a FRFR monitor? And how to set the volume at the FRFR (Headrush-112, i.e.)? Are there any rules or just recommendations? Is it a matter of the stage and room where you are playing?

• This question was not answered yet. And so, because I also face it, I repeat it here. So, how do you guys set the Output level for a FRFR monitor? And how to set the volume at the FRFR (Headrush-112, i.e.)? Are there any rules or just recommendations? Is it a matter of the stage and room where you are playing?

Yeah the source of my question was is it better to push the output from KPA higher with lower speaker level or to push the speaker volume higher with lower output level on KPA.