Is the Kemper right for me?

• I own both of those pedals and think the TC Electronics stuff is great. However, with the new Kemper reverbs I'm surprised that you're running outboard reverb and delay. I haven't done any A/B testing between them, though. Is there a big difference in tone quality?

To be honest with you, there is not much that the TC pedals do that the Kemper doesn't. In fact the Kemper does ducking and that the TC pedals need to use a tone print slot to be able to do. I still have those two pedals left over from when I had my Archon. I have been thinking of trading them for an over drive or something but not sure what to get. Have also thought of selling them off and possibly a couple of other things to get an MT15 amp again.

• To be honest with you, there is not much that the TC pedals do that the Kemper doesn't. In fact the Kemper does ducking and that the TC pedals need to use a tone print slot to be able to do. I still have those two pedals left over from when I had my Archon. I have been thinking of trading them for an over drive or something but not sure what to get. Have also thought of selling them off and possibly a couple of other things to get an MT15 amp again.

I sold all my tube amps after buying the Kemper, but I kept all of my pedals. Resale value of music gear is always painfully little, so I just figured I'd keep them around in the "you never know when..." category.

While I haven't experimented with running pedals in front, my first inclination would be to play with the Tube Screamer. For tremelo, reverb, delay, chorus, flanging, etc. the Kemper does that very well for my taste, so those pedals wouldn't bring much to the party. The only reason I haven't fooled around with overdrive pedals is that I use a lot of MB stuff and my favorite profiles are ones where he used a Klon in the process. So, I already have that vibe anyway.

I should probably just sell the pedals, but I still haven't completely shed my gear pack rat mentality.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I sold all my tube amps after buying the Kemper, but I kept all of my pedals. Resale value of music gear is always painfully little, so I just figured I'd keep them around in the "you never know when..." category.

While I haven't experimented with running pedals in front, my first inclination would be to play with the Tube Screamer. For tremelo, reverb, delay, chorus, flanging, etc. the Kemper does that very well for my taste, so those pedals wouldn't bring much to the party. The only reason I haven't fooled around with overdrive pedals is that I use a lot of MB stuff and my favorite profiles are ones where he used a Klon in the process. So, I already have that vibe anyway.

I should probably just sell the pedals, but I still haven't completely shed my gear pack rat mentality.

I had a Horizon devices Precision drive and that was really cool but did not act the same going into the Kemper like it did going into my old amp. At this point if I want more gain I just select a different amp profile like a VH4 or a Dual Rec.