Kemper with Voodoo Lab HEX

• Hi!

I’m having problems with Voodol Lab Hex loopswitcher. The basic idea is to control pedals with HEX and use it in performance mode.

I control the system with Kemper remote.

And no matter what the Kempers midi commands won’t do anything in the HEX. No lights will glow. What a hell I miss here?

• I don't own a Hex, but I do have the GCX switcher. You need the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Plus to control everything. I don't own a Kemper remote but I'm 99.9% certain that Kemper gear won't control your hex.

• I don't own a Hex, but I do have the GCX switcher. You need the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Plus to control everything. I don't own a Kemper remote but I'm 99.9% certain that Kemper gear won't control your hex.

This is not right. MIDI is MIDI, regardless of what sends the commands. I’ve looked at the HEX. From Voodoo Labs’ site:

Compatible with our Ground Control Pro or any MIDI controller

I’d ping Voodoo Labs. Guaranteed they’ve had this question before.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• This is not right. MIDI is MIDI, regardless of what sends the commands. I’ve looked at the HEX. From Voodoo Labs’ site:

Compatible with our Ground Control Pro or any MIDI controller

I’d ping Voodoo Labs. Guaranteed they’ve had this question before.

Hey I hope your right, but the GCX needs to see 8 simultaneous CC commands to work and I assume the Hex would need to see 4. I've not found any other piece of gear that can send 8 CC"s at once but maybe the Hex is different. Definitely contact Voodoo Labs, I hope I'm wrong

• Hey I hope your right, but the GCX needs to see 8 simultaneous CC commands to work and I assume the Hex would need to see 4. I've not found any other piece of gear that can send 8 CC"s at once but maybe the Hex is different. Definitely contact Voodoo Labs, I hope I'm wrong

If I am, so is Voodoo Labs.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It's been a while since I've used it, but I had no problem using my KPA to control my HEX. Make sure both units are using the same MIDI channel, this is probably what is causing the lack of communication between the two units.

• I’m using the same midi Channel and still nothing.
    can you tell me what is the command for example loop Number three? What should I do if I want loop Number three to be active on a specific performer slot?

• I’m using the same midi Channel and still nothing.

can you tell me what is the command for example loop Number three? What should I do if I want loop Number three to be active on a specific performer slot?

• Found this on page 5 of the Voodoo Lab Hex manual on the web:

Use with Other MIDI Controllers You can use HEX with any controller capable of sending MIDI Program Change or Control Change messages.

To do this, you must setup HEX to respond to the appropriate MIDI messages.

Saving and Recalling Presets You can save and recall preset loop combinations using MIDI Program Change (PC) messages. Set HEX to respond to PC messages (SETUP: Enable MIDI Messages). HEX will use MIDI channel 1 by default. Make sure HEX and your MIDI controller are both set to the same channel.

1) Select the program number with your MIDI controller that you want to create. This will send the PC message to HEX.

2) Set the HEX loops to the desired combination.

3) Press HEX buttons #1 and #6 at the same time. The LEDs will blink to confirm that you saved the preset.

Now whenever HEX receives this PC message, it will recall your loop settings.

So, you can load a loop ensemble via one program change. What needs to be done on the PROFILER side is explained in the Main Manual, section "MIDI", paragraph "Transmitting MIDI Commands to Two External Devices in Performance Mode".