Question about cabinet resistance.

• I have two cabinets: 1: 2x10 '', 4 ohms (to be precise - 4.25 ohms) - these are two 8-ohm speakers in parallel.

2: 1x15``, 8 ohms.

Question: Is it dangerous for KEMPER AMP to connect them together? Their combined resistance will be about 3 ohms (about 2.75 ohms). Is there an unwanted load on the amplifier that could damage it later?

I didn’t turn it on for long, and I really liked the sound!

But one person said that this is not good for an amplifier.

• The amplifier can be operated at 4 ohms - that is the impedance of the upcoming Kone. But, it might overheat and shut off with a 2 ohm load.

There are at least two easy ways to get an 8 ohm load from your pair of cabinets:

You can buy or build a Series connection cable or box, and connect the two cabinets with an 8 ohm load.

Or, rewire the cabinets to be 16 ohms each, with the speakers in Series. Then, you could connect them in parallel to get an 8 ohm load.

• Sbomb,

Consider Paults suggested on the series cable or box . It also gives you the option to use only one cab for a rehearsal or smaller venue as well. Fwiw, the impedance of a speaker is constantly changing depending on the amp output frequency at that time, and does not always correspond to the measured DC Ohmic value.