[Request] AxeFx 6.0 presets?

• Could any Axe II owner kindly profile the new 50 presets in AxeFx II? I have Standard, but moved KPA instead of upgrading to II after A/B'ing. But, it would be great to have them profiled! :)

Jake

• If anyone does, then please please please please pretty please with sugar on top make sure they're clearly marked as AxeFX/Modeller so those of us who prefer real amps can see that on the rig exchange and avoid downloading and installing them first to find out (I made the mistake before with the godawful Axe HiWatt model that sounds like cardboard).

• If anyone does, then please please please please pretty please with sugar on top make sure they're clearly marked as AxeFX/Modeller so those of us who prefer real amps can see that on the rig exchange and avoid downloading and installing them first to find out (I made the mistake before with the godawful Axe HiWatt model that sounds like cardboard).

+1 from me too.
    This kind of rig uploads should be clearly stated as such.

Other users may want them and is absolutely fine and I respect that, but I don't want to have anything loaded on my KPA with the likes of Axe presets, vsts, modelers, e.t.c.

VERY good point! :)

• I really doubt that anyone can HEAR (not feel) the difference between a tube amp, the KPA and Axe-FX II - when using the same FRFR monitors :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I don't think the reason for the discussion is what sounds good or not. It's what has been profiled.

If it's an amp, then it's an amp.
    If it's an Axe preset then it's an Axe preset and should be indicated as such. Then it's my choice if I want to load it or not.

But if for example the rig is named "Vox NT50" and it's not the Vox NT profiled but an AXE preset, sorry guys but even if it sounds superb I still call that cheating.

• I don't think the reason for the discussion is what sounds good or not. It's what has been profiled.

If it's an amp, then it's an amp.
    If it's an Axe preset then it's an Axe preset and should be indicated as such. Then it's my choice if I want to load it or not.

But if for example the rig is named "Vox NT50" and it's not the Vox NT profiled but an AXE preset, sorry guys but even if it sounds superb I still call that cheating.

+1

• No, it is the sound and feel, there's no cheating in music (at least as far as I'm concerned).

The Axe presets I tried actually sounded terrible. Sorry, they were just 2 dimensional, dead and unresponsive and had all the hallmarks of a sim that I got the Kemper to avoid in the first place.

As the rig exchange doesn't offer sound samples, ratings or the like and the Kemper takes an age to install and reboot and then sift through then I'd just rather skip the dross. No offense meant to Axe users, I'm glad they're happy and can't tell the difference, but I'm just picky and as I work silly hours then I want to utilize the time I do get to spend on music and the Kemper to be as high quality as possible.

• The Axe presets I tried actually sounded terrible. Sorry, they were just 2 dimensional, dead and unresponsive and had all the hallmarks of a sim that I got the Kemper to avoid in the first place.

Per, was it the Axe version 6.0 (new presets) that you tried? I tried tones from version 5.0x and preferred KPA, which was why I went with KPA. Just curious how much improvement was there.

• It is cheating when you try to fool people, by saying that something Is something that it isn't. The rest is philosophy.

Still, I believe we are discussing and requesting the same thing.
    I bought the Kemper because it profiles real amps. I have modellers and vsts if I want them, but I don't want them on MY Kemper. My choice, my opinion. Simple as that.

• Per, was it the Axe version 6.0 (new presets) that you tried? I tried tones from version 5.0x and preferred KPA, which was why I went with KPA. Just curious how much improvement was there.

It's whatever is up on the exchange so probably 5.0. However I've not heard any examples to convince me that 6 is any different, it just seems the same as before but now with Match EQ. I'm not against people doing it, trying it out, making, sharing etc profiles they make with other amp sims, but I'd just like them to be well marked so that I can skip is all.

It can be a cool sound, but I have a bunch of cheap amp sims, pods, boss units etc that cover the "amp sim" ground pretty well already so I don't have a need for profiles of amp sims.

• +1 At first I was so I excited axe users were finally getting an upgrade until I realized it's just eq match nothing more and nothing better. It sounds the same to me as well.

It's whatever is up on the exchange so probably 5.0. However I've not heard any examples to convince me that 6 is any different, it just seems the same as before but now with Match EQ. I'm not against people doing it, trying it out, making, sharing etc profiles they make with other amp sims, but I'd just like them to be well marked so that I can skip is all.

It can be a cool sound, but I have a bunch of cheap amp sims, pods, boss units etc that cover the "amp sim" ground pretty well already so I don't have a need for profiles of amp sims.