Kemper service and repair time?

• So it’s getting close to two weeks since I sent my Kemper back to HQ. And of course, I miss it.

Have any of you sent the Kemper back for service? What was the turnaround, and did you recieve any info from Kemper while it were serviced?

I didn’t think I’d miss it this much, but my guitar playing is starting to suffer... ;(:)

• Only good things to say about the Kemper service level from me. I bought a Kemper from the first batch and all know by now, that they came with LED-failure. Kemper announced that it would be replaced for free. When I bought it the LEDs started to fail after approx six months. After a year a lot had failed. A couple of months ago I came around to contact Kemper about this issue which dates many years back. Maybe eight years or so. I expected to be met with answer, that I’ve had plenty of time to send it back for repair. I therefore asked for a repair price. The answer I got surprised me a lot. It still was free of charge. I think that it is crazy so many years after. I paid for the parcel service from Denmark to Germany. I cannot remember exactly how long it took. I think it was seven days in total from me shipping it to me being in possession of my Kemper with new LEDs. I cannot praise the service from this company enough. It’s almost unearthly.

• A couple of months ago, I sent my Powerhead from Spain to Germany for a time/date display-related minor (although somewhat uncomfortable ...) issue. My unit was well beyond 2 years old. Kemper service repaired it for free and sent the unit back to me in less than a week. Awesome !! I take the opportunity to sincerely thank Kemper service. Truely "unearthly" ...

• Stellar service as far as I'm concerned. Over the years I've only had two issues, LED's on my 2013 Toaster and loose rattling components in my 1st Remote. Both issues were taken care of quickly (7-10 days) and free of charge. I find Kemper's Customer Care to be simply amazing in this day and age. Highest recommendation!

• The same as b_ryan.

They've replaced LEDS (the whole inside panel actually) of my head for free. it was last month.

Thay did it in 1 working day (even if thay told me that their standard time it's 5 working days).

In total I've been missing my KPA just 10 days or so (considering 5 days of shipment from Italy to Germany, a week-end and 1 day or two for shipping back to me)

I remember that I've send them a message in the morning asking if they could please inform me with the tracking code once shipped, but in the afternoon I received it! :)

What kind of repair You asked for?

• That sounds weird. Maybe Kemper should be notified about this? I would think that they would have some sort of standard, when it comes to dealing with their products. I would think that with the way they treat their customers here in Europe, that they would find this highly inappropriate. There might be a reason for the wait though.

• well, leds and the fx loop noise. I asked for a heads up on reparation costs, and support said they would contact once the service team had checked it out. Haven’t heard anything yet. I don’t even know if my Kemper has arrived...

oh well... It’s just the waiting that is killing me. ^^

• Only good things to say about the Kemper service level from me. I bought a Kemper from the first batch and all know by now, that they came with LED-failure. Kemper announced that it would be replaced for free. When I bought it the LEDs started to fail after approx six months. After a year a lot had failed. A couple of months ago I came around to contact Kemper about this issue which dates many years back. Maybe eight years or so. I expected to be met with answer, that I’ve had plenty of time to send it back for repair. I therefore asked for a repair price. The answer I got surprised me a lot. It still was free of charge. I think that it is crazy so many years after. I paid for the parcel service from Denmark to Germany. I cannot remember exactly how long it took. I think it was seven days in total from me shipping it to me being in possession of my Kemper with new LEDs. I cannot praise the service from this company enough. It’s almost unearthly.

A couple of months ago, I sent my Powerhead from Spain to Germany for a time/date display-related minor (although somewhat uncomfortable ...) issue. My unit was well beyond 2 years old. Kemper service repaired it for free and sent the unit back to me in less than a week. Awesome !! I take the opportunity to sincerely thank Kemper service. Truely "unearthly" ...

Stellar service as far as I'm concerned. Over the years I've only had two issues, LED's on my 2013 Toaster and loose rattling components in my 1st Remote. Both issues were taken care of quickly (7-10 days) and free of charge. I find Kemper's Customer Care to be simply amazing in this day and age. Highest recommendation!

awesome! Kemper deserves the praise. The communication with support before I sent it back were a+ too. :)

• Small update, guys.

My Kemper is lost in transit. It left Norway on january 29th, and is now on ... somewhere.

The post office have opened a ticket and is starting a search. So, the story continues. No fast solution for me then.

;(

Kemper support is awesome though! HELL-G reached out to me to let me know they hadn't recieved my Kemper yet. <3

• I'm so sorry for your experience. My Remote was at service end of last year (close to Christmas holidays) and an exchange was returned 5 days after I sent mine to Kemper. So from Kemper side I can't say anything negative, but only positive things. Also the customer support was extremely friendly and helpful.

Still seeking a good Tonehammer 500 profile :)

• Kemper should have local service partners in each country.
    In Germany most Importeurs for Guitars or Drums have local Luthiers or technicians under contract.

This suggestion doesn't fit to the issue reported. Even with a local service units could get lost in transit. And I still hope they will find it!

There are some testimonials above, that repair turn-around time itself is normally not an issue. Distributed value chains are very common these days. And a central repair has more critical mass and is therefor more effective in terms of parts and technician experience.

This applies to Europe by the way. We have local distributors with repair facilities in other countries.

• British Audio repaired my KP last month. On the second day they had it, they called and explained the problem ( A loose screw lodged onto a board somewhere and shorted it out). I paid by credit card (Out of warranty, $200 total including shipping back to me), and they repaired it and sent it out the next day. I called them before sending it, and asked how long the average repair was. Michael answered and said they have an agreement with Kemper to prioritize the units. He said they usually get to the KPs and send them out within a week. Mine was back home in NY in less than a week. Along the way I spoke with Shane, the owner, twice. He was a gentleman both times.

• Well, you’re lucky. ^^ I think Kemper is awesome in all of this. The fact that they took the time to check up on me when they hadn’t recieved it is really something!

unfortunately, no news yet for me. I contacted the post office yesterday to ask if there were any news. They had none. So, I dunno. This is starting to feel really bad.

And the timing plain sucks! I’m in the middle of recording an album. I watched Baard Kolstad lay down some drum tracks last monday. Those tracks are just waiting for me now... ?(

looks like I have to start using *gulp* a vst amp sim or something to get things moving along for now. It’s not the same as my trusty Kemper.

• British Audio repaired my KP last month. On the second day they had it, they called and explained the problem ( A loose screw lodged onto a board somewhere and shorted it out). I paid by credit card (Out of warranty, $200 total including shipping back to me), and they repaired it and sent it out the next day. I called them before sending it, and asked how long the average repair was. Michael answered and said they have an agreement with Kemper to prioritize the units. He said they usually get to the KPs and send them out within a week. Mine was back home in NY in less than a week. Along the way I spoke with Shane, the owner, twice. He was a gentleman both times.

You got lucky I'd say. Guess I did get the rush fee incorrect.

Here is what they said: