Kemper Profile Loader Concept

• Hello everyone. I was dreaming of a new Kemper based on my personal preferences and came up with this super light-weight and MIDI capable Profile Loader. (Less than 1/3 the size of a Stage.)

Another concept more effect focused, with Tuner and a Master Volume.

Edited 2 times, last by Behind ().

• If it had stereo monitor outs, I would be in!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Using the four buttons as stomps would fit to the current workflow.

Change profiles via softbutton or external footswitch.

Since it‘s a profile loader performances would not have to be supported. Hence, not too much interference with the more price-intensive model variants.

• Hello everyone. I was dreaming of a new Kemper based on my personal preferences and came up with this super light-weight and MIDI capable Profile Loader. (Less than 1/3 the size of a Stage.)

Although I personally have not much need for a machine as you sketched it I am still very impressed by the prototype picture you created Behind ! Very cool to visualize it in that way. Well done :thumbup:8)

• Luv it!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Actually I don't believe they will come up with such a thing simply because it's not the idea behind the whole product concept. I might be wrong of course. Nevertheless I would love an (even smaller) form factor. But please, don't forget the digital output.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• With the competition going full modular Kemper has no choice..I guess we will see something like this in the future.

But to be honest. The head and the remote are just fine for on the road..even for jams and small gigs.No complaints..

Almost everyone with a L6 stomp or another mini floorboard also carries around a ton of other pedals.This is what I see..Most guys would want the "profile player" as part of their huge pedalboard.I am not wrong about this,right?This again..would not make any sense for replacing the KPA head/remote combination.

A profile player which could do everything a player need for jams and small gigs..obviously more tricky as it seems..for morphing again two expression pedals would be needed.So,somehow it always "gets big".For sure the idea of having "something to put into the pocket of the guitar bag" will remain just a wishful thinking..an illusion..you can't cheat physics..

I guess it would be a much better idea to introduce an huge upgrade for the current Profilers stomp section..specially the od/dist side of things..for sure it is in the works as it is the last one(?) on the "to do list" for the big upgrade packages.

If this is done we will have more really good overdrives and modulation pedals in the stomp section..and for sure most guys will leave all their beloved fancy vintage and boutique stomps at home.

Just the head and the remote with two EPs..maybe it can't get better?

Anyway..I WOULD want a clever small profile player solution.But a real tank-like build little beast.Just 4 stable switchers which could not be destroyed even if you play in the zoo and a dozen drunk elephants decide to "tweak it"..No buttons and knobs.All controlled by the smartphone app/editor.Yeah..I would buy this..

• This kind of miniaturisation is the whole reason I walked away from the Fractal stuff and the awful modular direction they have decided to take for their all in one floor units.

People mention fly rig in relation to things like this. For my fly gigs, something with this minimal amount of switches is useless and having to bolt on more units to make it work in the first place just defeats the object of having a convenient all on one solution on the floor.

If Kemper ver decide to go this route, I hope they do not forget the people who need the full functionality of the Stage model. ?

• Nice concept, but such a thing would be not very functional.

I challenge anyone to do an entire gig with 4 buttons and no XLR output, but a Kemper Mini about the size of an HX Effects then with 8/6 buttons arranged on 2 rows, with the same display of the Kemper toaster, with the same 4 stomps in pre and 4 stomps in post, with 2 XLR outputs in addition to the 2 mains outputs, but with some restrictions like:

- no profiling

- no possibility of making it amplified

- not all the knobs of the head/rack versions, so it must be managed largely by a PC editor

- a number of saved rigs limited to 50-100 for example

at a listing price of 700-800 €, would cut off at the knees to all competitors.
    Who loves all the physical buttons for adjustments on the fly (like me), who wants to make it amplified, who love his rack, who wants to keep a zillion of rigs and profiles on the machine, can still choose the toaster or the rack.

By the way, not everyone is interested in profiling his pedals and amps, and moreover not everyone has the knowledge and gear (mics, audio card, preamps) required to perform a good profile of his rig. For most users, the Kemper is a convenient way to have access to a list of amplifiers they could never afford like Cornford, Hamstead, Hiwatt, Dumble, Mesa, and so on...

The fact is that market no longer thrives towards the heads and racks as 10-15 years ago, but towards the desktop minipedalboards (Fractal FM3, HX Stomp, HX Effects, POD Go, Hotone Ampero, Mooer GE200, Quad Cortex ). A small pedalboard for live gigs with 4-6-8 footswitches, that can be used as a desktop practice/recording amp also.

• - no profiling

- no possibility of making it amplified

- not all the knobs of the head/rack versions, so it must be managed largely by a PC editor

- a number of saved rigs limited to 50-100 for example

I would assume that no profiling would be needed to give up for this type of form factor.

Amplifying would absolutely be possible with pedal board design power amps like the SD PS170 or other small form factor amps.

Of course you would not have all of the knobs and functionality of a rack or head, that is not what stuff like this is designed for, this is for the minimalist pedalboard type of setup. I would assume that the Editor would be a necessity for this kind of things to work and fortunately that is close to being done.

I am sure it would be able to support more then 50 - 100 rigs.

I think the first image is the most usable in this thread. If it was given only performance mode then you can create everything in the editor and then move between performances and have two rigs in each. For a small pedalboard style setup it could work very nicely. I personally would not go for the product but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

• I challenge anyone to do an entire gig with 4 buttons and no XLR output [...]

After a recent gig where my MIDI controller decided to stop working, I had to play just with ONE profile and use my guitar's volume knob and pickups to control the gain.

A couple of friends came to me after that to ask me what I did to my sound as my guitar tone was the best they have ever heard from me. Needless to say I was shocked after that... So it's definitely possible to do it.

• After a recent gig where my MIDI controller decided to stop working, I had to play just with ONE profile and use my guitar's volume knob and pickups to control the gain.

A couple of friends came to me after that to ask me what I did to my sound as my guitar tone was the best they have ever heard from me. Needless to say I was shocked after that... So it's definitely possible to do it.

It depends...

if you play Carcass, you don't need even the guitar's volume knob. 10/10, bridge pickup, done!

If you play hard rock, so your tones goes from crunch to lead, you can do your job with the guitar's volume knob and by switching bridge/neck PU.

BUT....If you play prog (Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Opeth), if you play some old stuff like Queen, you cannot complet a gig with only 1 profile.

For example, do you think you can play this song with just 1 profile?!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Been there, done that. It’s just not that big a deal.

I know many guitarist who complained about the lack of XLR output in the Strymon Iridium. And we talk about a 400€ amp simulator.

Think of how they would accept the lack of XLR outputs in a 700-800€ digital pedalboard....

• I know many guitarist who complained about the lack of XLR output in the Strymon Iridium. And we talk about a 400€ amp simulator.

Think of how they would accept the lack of XLR outputs in a 700-800€ digital pedalboard....

Hands down electric guitarists (which includes me) are the whiniest most high-maintenance prima donnas in the realm of music gear. No one comes close.

Wrong wood, wrong radius, wrong gauge, wrong speaker, wrong tube, wrong year, wrong chip, wrong country of origin.......solderless or soldered..........wrong headstock shape (?!?!?!) It's endless.

We ask for new designs from builders, get them - and proceed to not buy them. We then complain by saying 'not what I meant....give me the old stuff'. We cling to technology invented in the 1800s and guitar designs from nearly 70 years ago. Spending unholy amounts of money to model, profile and replicate sounds created before many, if not most, were even born.

Guitarists literally complain about *everything* while continuing to scream for 'new'. Case in point: We're bitching about a missing XLR out on a unit that doesn't exist and in all reality probably never will.

It's not a big deal. It just isn't.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• For example, do you think you can play this song with just 1 profile?!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It would be possible to play that with 1 profile + 1 SSH guitar + 2 blocks (distortion/booster and delay). There would be 2 blocks left to use phaser and other modulation fxs. Absolutely possible.