FRFR help! Also Headphone troubles

• I recently just picked up my first stage profiler and I can’t be happier with it. I picked up a line 6 PowerCab plus and I’m on the fence with it. Clean tones are fantastic with this unit, however, the distorted tones all have this dullness that I can’t ever dial out. I’ve messed with the hf trim, low cuts and high cuts. Nothing. I want to hear y’all’s solution to this issue if anyone has come across this.

When I first played on the profiler I was running into a 2x12 Gemini and that’s what made me love the Kemper. Would y’all suggest the 1x12 Gemini for home use over the PowerCab? I plan on using real cabs for live so would the better option be a good 2x12 instead? I’m so torn!!

Lastly, when running into my Scarlett 2i2 the sound through my headphones are just absolutely terrible. It’s like the mids and highs got cranked and the bass just vanishes. When I record and listen back through my phone and just my generic iPhone headphones, it sounds great and how I expect that my guitars should sound? I have AKG headphones, nothing fancy but nothing super cheap. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks

• Focusrite Control is quite complex. You are probably hearing a "doubled" version of your guitar sound, coming IN from your Kemper to the Scarlett, and then OUT from the audio interface again. I hope this makes sense.

Try and understand all the IN and OUT connections of your Scarlett and how to control them from the Focusrite Control App. You probably have to disable or mute some of them to be able to hear your guitar just from one source while you are monitoring.

The recorded version sounds good because it only gets recorded on the way in of course.

• Yea that makes sense. I never installed the control software since there’s no need for any drivers and at the time was just recording riffs through garage band. I’ll check it out and see if that fixes the issue.

• Hi

For your Info:

How connect Kemper with Audio card

PS: check Direct Monitor...must be on off....

Then I think if you connect Monitor out (Stereo) on 212 Inputs, you'll listen the headphone out of 212 in mono with sound L+R mixed of course if you'll use a DAW you'll be able to put on left input 1 and on right Input 2 of 212.

The 212 have only drivers and missing a little software mixer for this kind of issue.

Edited once, last by Farko63 ().

• I recently just picked up my first stage profiler and I can’t be happier with it. I picked up a line 6 PowerCab plus and I’m on the fence with it. Clean tones are fantastic with this unit, however, the distorted tones all have this dullness that I can’t ever dial out. I’ve messed with the hf trim, low cuts and high cuts. Nothing. I want to hear y’all’s solution to this issue if anyone has come across this.

When I first played on the profiler I was running into a 2x12 Gemini and that’s what made me love the Kemper. Would y’all suggest the 1x12 Gemini for home use over the PowerCab? I plan on using real cabs for live so would the better option be a good 2x12 instead? I’m so torn!!

Lastly, when running into my Scarlett 2i2 the sound through my headphones are just absolutely terrible. It’s like the mids and highs got cranked and the bass just vanishes. When I record and listen back through my phone and just my generic iPhone headphones, it sounds great and how I expect that my guitars should sound? I have AKG headphones, nothing fancy but nothing super cheap. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks

Ok....and so sorry if this is a dumb question, and not meant to be insulting.

But on the PowerCab, you are running on the "Flat" setting, and not one of speaker emulations on the cabinet itself.....right?

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• Yea I’m running it flat, it seems like if I turn my master up on the unit it cleans up more then keeping both volumes low. I’m gonna keep tweaking around with this and see. I’m using the ownhammer heavy hitters and it seems to be clearing up a little bit