Phasing/Flange Issue when Double Tracking with Kemper

• Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have seen this topic posted by someone else years ago and I am having the same issue.

There is a phase/flangy sound when I double track my guitar through the profiler. It doesn't matter what profile I choose I get the same issue. Even if I turn off all the effects, after I record the 2nd track (doubling) It sounds phasey. Sounds like I have an effect on it. Know what I mean? If I pan it left and right its the same.

If I solo one of the tracks it's fine. But playing both gives me that effect. If I go directly into my recording interface bypassing the kemper there are no issues.

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried turning things off and on, changing settings etc. I get the same issue.

Thanks!

• How do you connect to DAW ? One or two cables? What interface ? Settings in DAW program ? Any AUX sends active ?

Is sound "Phasey" while recording or after when listening to the recorded track , or both ?

And most important question : how does it sound with headphones direct out from Kemper´s

headphone output on front ?? :/

Just troubleshooting suggestions :)

Good luck !

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Hello again .... Just another thougt : do you do a real double track live or are

you doubling the first track you laid down as in a "reamp" track ??? :/

Cheers !

• Wow thanks everyone. I didn't expect such a quick response. I don't have an issue with Phase when recording with a regular amp mic'd up into my interface and straight into my DAW when Double tracking. I am not using Reamp. I am recording on two tracks.

I connect to my Interface with one XLR cable from the Mainout of the Kemper into my Apollo interface. No settings in DAW. No Aux Sends.

It sounds Phasey when listening to both tracks at once panned or not. Doesn't matter. If I solo one track it sounds fine. Through the headphones it doesn't sound Phasey because it's only a single track.

Thanks!

• Hmmm .... Strange :/

Don´t know what kind of DAW or program you have, but is it possible to flip the phase on

one of the recorded guitar channels ? If so , better or worse ??

What happens if you move one recorded track a few ms forward / backward in time line ? Better or worse ??

Are both tracks mono all the way ? ( from KPA --> Interface --> DAW --> recorded mono track )

Only one cable out from KPA ? XLR out or Monitor out ? Any difference ??

So , now my head is empty ....... 8o

Cheers !

• I know it is very strange. It never did this before when I first purchased it years ago. Something has changed. I flipped the Phase and still the same thing. I am not surprised though because I know its not out of phase it just sounds like it is. Sounds like it has effects on the track even though I turned everything off before recording it. Is there somewhere that I am missing? Yes I did try moving the tracks. I even edited them to be dead on. Same issue. Yup mono all the way... Yeah my head is Empty too with me not knowing.

By the way this person had the same problem. They said they solved it with a setting called Constant Latency. This did not help me. Still the person had the same issue. They were using SPDIF. I am not.

Unwanted " phaser " effect when recording and producing the kemper through stereo SPDIF

• Hoki Toki! I found another member who had the same problem and he figured it out. I had to change the main output to Stack. Thats it. No more Phase issues. Strange I wonder why? Anyway have a good one and thanks for trying to help!

• The signal after STACK and before EFFECTS is all mono I guess. So something in the effects section (only here, stereo is possible) is causing your issue.

If there is a difference between output set to STACK and output set to MASTER (with all effects deactivated!) this could be a bug? But have you tried recording both tracks with all effects off? If this test is causing no issue, maybe an activated (stereo) effect is the culprit in your original recording.

Edited 3 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• Hoki Toki! I found another member who had the same problem and he figured it out. I had to change the main output to Stack. Thats it. No more Phase issues. Strange I wonder why? Anyway have a good one and thanks for trying to help!

Grrreat :thumbup: Thanks to this amazing forum we learn a little step by step every day :P

Keep it up and rock on !

Cheers !