Volume Drop-Off

• Anyone experience random volume drop offs after switching rigs or performances? This has happened a couple times to me recently and I have no clue what is causing it. A system restart has fixed it so far but that's not ideal. I have not been able to reproduce this and i am on 7.1.5. Let me clarify, when this happens, even my pretty high gain channel will sound clean, but when i restart the Stage, it's back to normal. This most recently happened while playing with headphones and at a gig, right after sound check. Hoping a few of you can chime in.

• Performance Mode or Browser Mode or both?

At which level is the bar of the Volume Pedal in the Pedals Menu, when this happens? In other words, can you fix the issue by raising the bar to max using soft knob 3 and cranking it up to 127?

• Performance Mode or Browser Mode or both?

At which level is the bar of the Volume Pedal in the Pedals Menu, when this happens? In other words, can you fix the issue by raising the bar to max using soft knob 3 and cranking it up to 127?

So far only performance mode. I will have to try this next time. Are you talking about Page 1 of 5 under the Pedals menu? I just discovered this last night and made another post about it because I am confused. It's possible when moving the pedal around it lowered the volume somewhere, but how does that work if I switch to a rig where the pedal should be assigned to Wah?

• Yes, you see the current level of all pedal controllers on that page "Pedal Links" and you can simulate to adjust those manually using the four soft knobs.

If you are using an expression pedal configured as Wah Pedal to also control volume opportunistically ("WahPedal to Volume"), the bar for Volume Pedal will follow the bar for Wah Pedal while no wah effect is activated. As soon as a wah effect gets activated OR you load another Rig with an active wah effect, the bar for Volume Pedal will rest in its last position and the Wah Pedal will control just the wah effect. You don't want the volume to fluctuate while you control your wah effect. So, in this phase you have no pedal to adjust volume, which is the natural downside of sharing one pedal for both purposes! As soon as you disable the wah effect or load another Rig without an active wah effect, the bar for volume pedal will follow the bar for Wah Pedal again. Both the level of the Wah Pedal bar and the level of the Volume Pedal bar survive a Rig change. There is one exception: If the bar for Volume Pedal is very low and you activate a wah effect or load another Rig with an active wah effect, the software automatically raises the Volume Pedal bar to about 25 % assuming you don't intend to enjoy your wah effect at extremely low or even no volume AND having no pedal available to raise the volume. Therefor it performs an automatic intervention.

I suggest, you simulate moving the Wah Pedal with soft knob 2 on page "Pedal Links" and observe what happens with the Volume Pedal bar in the various scenarios in order to internalize the mechanics. You might also observe, that the bar for Volume Pedal follows the bar for Wah Pedal in a smooth way closing gaps softly and avoiding jumps.

• I was going to make a new topic but Im pretty sure I just experienced this yesterday.
    Hit a random crash message after going back from tuning the tuning button. I had just turned my master volume down like 5 seconds before it happened. Was playing at just before 9 oclock and it was pretty loud in the room...moved it to half of that amount so literally like 1.5 lights were lit. blamo crash screen.

Reboot -- everything came back but im pretty sure for some reason the volume dropped while the leds went back to 9oclock. So the volume seemed to be audibly where I set it but not represented on the nob.... Is that possible?? I feel like I had to dime up the volume to nearly 50% to get the same level I had at half that amount...? Shit!

• I was going to make a new topic but Im pretty sure I just experienced this yesterday.
    Hit a random crash message after going back from tuning the tuning button. I had just turned my master volume down like 5 seconds before it happened. Was playing at just before 9 oclock and it was pretty loud in the room...moved it to half of that amount so literally like 1.5 lights were lit. blamo crash screen.

Reboot -- everything came back but im pretty sure for some reason the volume dropped while the leds went back to 9oclock. So the volume seemed to be audibly where I set it but not represented on the nob.... Is that possible?? I feel like I had to dime up the volume to nearly 50% to get the same level I had at half that amount...? Shit!

did you have an expression pedal hooked up? Alot of these weird glitches are beginning to concern me

• Nah no expressions or other, tom foolery.

Havent had a chance just yet to test out again after turning on and off a few times but maybe ill actually pull from power before I test tonight when I get a chance.

The weird thing is all the problems Ive faced usually happen during gigs and not rehearsals or bedroom practices haha