Pedals Page

• When you click Pedals and go to Page 1 of 5, the "Pedal Links" page. What is this supposed to look like for most? There are boxes at the top you can check off and there are some changeable parameters. I feel like I've been having some issues with my ME expression pedal so I wanted to ask about this page first.

• The appropriate settings will depend on which function or combination of functions you want to use with your pedal.

What would you like your pedal to be able to do?

Most of the time it is just Wah. I created a patch to do Killing in the Name Of. But mostly just Wah. I actually don't want the pedal to control volume at all. I may start experimenting with morphing. But generally, that page just has me confused. I didn't know it existed until last night. And if you saw one of my other posts Ive been having problems with volume drop off happening randomly and I want to make sure this page or my pedal isnt the problem

• If you left "WahPedal to Volume" activated, your Wah Pedal is controlling pedal volume as soon as no wah effect is present or active. And when you activate a wah effect or move to another Rig with an active wah effect, the pedal volume will be maintained (except if it's below 25%) and your expression pedal while being dedicated to the wah effect cannot access pedal volume anymore. If you are not aware of those intended mechanics it might cause surprises.

If you want your expression pedal to exclusively control wah effects, configure it as Wah Pedal and deactivate all pedal links at the top of that page.

• If you left "WahPedal to Volume" activated, your Wah Pedal is controlling pedal volume as soon as no wah effect is present or active. And when you activate a wah effect or move to another Rig with an active wah effect, the pedal volume will be maintained (except if it's below 25%) and your expression pedal while being dedicated to the wah effect cannot access pedal volume anymore. If you are not aware of those intended mechanics it might cause surprises.

If you want your expression pedal to exclusively control wah effects, configure it as Wah Pedal and deactivate all pedal links at the top of that page.

I think I understand. I might have to read this again later and play around with my Kemper. But to your points above, my pedal is always flat (front all the way down) until I start using it. So the volume shouldnt be changing anyway unless the pedal was moving correct?

• ...or you plug the cable into the pedal, while it is already connected to the PROFILER which is already up and running. While you do this you might shortcut the electrical contacts and the fluctuating electrical resistance - which this is all about - could be misinterpreted by the PROFILER. If you want to avoid this,

either make your cable connections before you start the PROFILER

or first plug the cable into pedal and then into the running PROFILER

or perform one pedal sweep before start your playing.

• ...or you plug the cable into the pedal, while it is already connected to the PROFILER which is already up and running. While you do this you might shortcut the electrical contacts and the fluctuating electrical resistance - which this is all about - could be misinterpreted by the PROFILER. If you want to avoid this,

either make your cable connections before you start the PROFILER

or first plug the cable into pedal and then into the running PROFILER

or perform one pedal sweep before start your playing.

Ok so when I check the Pedals page (1 of 5) for my rigs, all of them are the same pretty much. None of the boxes at the top are checked off. Volume is set to max at 127 and Wah is set to 35-70 and goes down to 0 when i lift the toes of the pedal up or in the air and vice versa. What exactly does this mean? Even on rigs with no Wah assigned to a stomp, it still does the same thing

• If you just have one pedal and want to use it for wah exclusively, I suggest

- you leave all four boxes at the top of page "Pedal Links" unticked

- and set the Mode on those five pages Pedal n to "Off", where nothing is plugged in

-and on that page Pedal x your MP is plugged in you select Mode "Pedal Type 1" and Function "Wah Pedal".

If you press calibrate on that page and move the pedal from heel to toe the bar at the top should reflect that sweep.

The bars on page "Pedal Links" reflect the incoming pedal controllers and allow to simulate those with the four soft knobs if no pedal is available.

As you have no pedal to control pedal volume, this bar should always rest at its default position, which is maximum.

As you have no pedal to control Morphing nor pitch, these bars should always rest at their default position, which is minimum.

And the wah bar should reflect your pedal sweeps across the whole range from 0 to 127.