New to the Kimperverse and a little confused...

• Hi All, New to the Kimperverse but great forum! Just purchased a dead mint open box condition Powered Kemper loaded with stock, paid and rig exchange profiles. My only other experiences with non traditional amp solutions are a short stint (2 weeks) recently with a Headrush unit and several years back I loved the GuitarRig PC Program with pedal controller. Other than that it has always been straight amps and a few pedals, have been an amp collector since the early 90s. The Kemper package has been a little overwhelming, but the tones are definitely good to great especially the STL Profiles. Have been going through 800+ profiles, a fun job but a job none-the-less. For some reason the Reverbs and Delays sound identical on most or many presets I think maybe the original owner set this up globally somehow. Really like how they sound but would rather not have them on every or majority of presets/rigs. Is there a simple way to undo this but still have those exact settings/reverb-delays for a few rigs/presets and not the majority?

• Welcome to the forum! It's possible that the delays and/or reverbs are locked. You can see what's locked by pressing and holding the LOCK button (the locked modules will be lit). Otherwise, perhaps they were all just set that way and you'll need to readjust.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• And also. Perform a backup right away if you haven't. We might lose the rigs on it if you don't.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Welcome to the forum! It's possible that the delays and/or reverbs are locked. You can see what's locked by pressing and holding the LOCK button (the locked modules will be lit). Otherwise, perhaps they were all just set that way and you'll need to readjust.

Zappledan, They do appear to be globally locked as the Icon is present. Strange that someone would want the same exact effects config on all rigs but I guess people have their reasons. Regardless appreciate the helpful tip.

Zappledan again appreciate pointing me in the right direction and you were correct that the other owner had globally locked the effects. But believe it or not I still can't figure out how to un-lock or at least get the Lock light to to turn off. Yes I feel kind of stupified that after searching the pdf manual still can't turn of the lock but my time is limited lately. The reason it's important to me is I tried to link 2 Kemper units together but could not get the Master Kemper to MIDI-talk to the slave unit and I think the culprit is they are both locked.

• Also wanted to share the following regarding my 2 Kemper Dual-Master Config So Far...

Procedure

Even though I couldn't get the kempers to communicate through MIDI link, was able to get them linked via Master Send into the Input of the slave kemper. The difference was profound, although one kemper sounds great, 2 is at least twice as good. It gave so much more texture and depth much easier to play overall with a very natural sounding stereo effect even with out any heavy effects.

Application

It was really fun to switch back to identical rigs for a straight ahead focused rhythm and then switch over to the complimentary twin rigs for a more spacious and textured solo. For example Alice Coopers No More Mr. Nice Guy was perfect for this setup. So far the Dual-Master-Mono setup was incredible and I have just scratched the surface of what is possible. For example this textured setup described above employed very little time based effects but almost sounded like to guitar players in the room. One of the dual profiles was M Britt 50 W Marshall combined with STL VHT Pit Bull Amp and even though individually they didn't sound that different combined they produced a completely unexpected very full sounding stereo effect without effects!

I'll stop here but if anyone is interested I can post on my experiences with this setup. I'm just floored and as an amp collector for the last 30 years I'd like to think I know when something sounds good or exceptional and this was just fun!

Thanks to All for the previous warm welcome and helpful info!

• But believe it or not I still can't figure out how to un-lock or at least get the Lock light to to turn off. Yes I feel kind of stupified that after searching the pdf manual still can't turn of the lock but my time is limited lately.

First 2 sentences on the subject from the manual:

Use the lock function to prevent a section or a module from being changed when you switch Rigs. To lock or unlock individual modules, press their respective buttons while holding the LOCK button.

Additional info that might be helpful:

Essentially, you can think of a locked module as being "global".

Locked modules and sections are indicated by a small lock icon on the home screen.

To get an overview of the lock status of all modules, press and hold LOCK - all locked modules will be lit, while those that are unlocked will remain unlit.

HTH, and welcome to the forum, mate. ;)

• First 2 sentences on the subject from the manual:

HTH, and welcome to the forum, mate. ;)

Appreciate the welcome and info Monkey_Man!

I think I tried all of the above from the manual (will go through again) but still was unable to get the Locked button to turn off. Do you think this is what is preventing the 2 kempers to communicate MIDI wise?

• Hey, anything with beer in it can't be bad. 8)

Appreciate the welcome and info Monkey_Man!

I think I tried all of the above from the manual (will go through again) but still was unable to get the Locked button to turn off. Do you think this is what is preventing the 2 kempers to communicate MIDI wise?

No mate; I can't see how that would affect communication.

Have you tried the unlocking procedure with the MIDI side of things disconnected? Long shot 'cause I've not used MIDI with the Kemper yet, but I've seen situations with other outboard-MIDI gear where instructions appear to be reversed or not-working 'cause they echo back to the unit being edited. So, if the parameter is an ON/OFF toggle, which "Locking" is, then when the command echoes back via MIDI, it's like hitting the button twice, which = no effect (ON then OFF, or OFF then ON).

• Zappledan again appreciate pointing me in the right direction and you were correct that the other owner had globally locked the effects. But believe it or not I still can't figure out how to un-lock or at least get the Lock light to to turn off. Yes I feel kind of stupified that after searching the pdf manual still can't turn of the lock but my time is limited lately. The reason it's important to me is I tried to link 2 Kemper units together but could not get the Master Kemper to MIDI-talk to the slave unit and I think the culprit is they are both locked.

You can also use the editor in RM to lock/unlock by clicking on the small lock icon.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Have you tried the unlocking procedure with the MIDI side of things disconnected? Long shot 'cause I've not used MIDI with the Kemper yet, but I've seen situations with other outboard-MIDI gear where instructions appear to be reversed or not-working 'cause they echo back to the unit being edited. So, if the parameter is an ON/OFF toggle, which "Locking" is, then when the command echoes back via MIDI, it's like hitting the button twice, which = no effect (ON then OFF, or OFF then ON).