Studio Monitors or Powered FRFR Cab

• Welcome to the forum! I've preferred my DXR8 or DXR10 over the JBL lsr305's that I have. However, the Adam studio monitors are a step up from the JBL's, so they might be fine. That said, they're also more expensive :)

edit: And two DXR's for stereo can be a sweet option.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Hey,

i think you need to consider the scenarios

1° Studio monitors are mostly near-fields, which means that you need to be in front of them to get the best possible sound quality, acoustic treatment is a differential to get the best out of it.

2 ° FRFR Cabs says by itself, it tends to sound good in any location and situation, the sound will go further, sacrificing less. I believe it is more appropriate for a band situation or where there is no adequate acoustic treatment, so you don't need to be sit in front of them to get the best of them.

see that it is not about what is better or worse, but what best suits your needs.

good monitors or a good FRFR cab it will bring you good results considering the scenarios.

• Pick yourself up a pair of "good" used Mackie HR824's and never look back! :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Hi,

Depends on budgets - and if you're trying to get something that will work for different applications.

If it is a powered toaster - then get studio monitors, the best you can afford - so that your mixes will also improve. You will then be able to run it into any old cabinet that is provided as backline when you are playing out.

If it is an unpowered toaster, then get a powered FRFR of some sort. You will be able to enjoy it at home and at low volume and also take it with you when you play out :)

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.