why the big deal regarding the kemper footcontroller?

• Just curious - I hooked up a ground control pro and also a Rocktron Midimate via MIDI to the Kemper and it was quick and easy to set up. Is it the fear of midi setup or use of one cable that has everyone wanting a Kemper footcontroller?

BTW, if it's one cable, you can get a 5 pin (with power jack) to 7 pin midi cable and run one cable out to your footswitch. Used it with both midi controllers listed above with no problem.

Pete

• Just curious - I hooked up a ground control pro and also a Rocktron Midimate via MIDI to the Kemper and it was quick and easy to set up. Is it the fear of midi setup or use of one cable that has everyone wanting a Kemper footcontroller?

BTW, if it's one cable, you can get a 5 pin (with power jack) to 7 pin midi cable and run one cable out to your footswitch. Used it with both midi controllers listed above with no problem.

Pete

My only real reason would be to have a large display that shows the rig names. The Digitech/Johnson Systems worked like that and i loved it. But it needs a specialized non Midi protocol or a two way midi conversation.

• The Ground control can have the patch named, but the name resides in the GC - it doesn't pull from the Kemper. I thought of another reason you might want the footcontroller, if it had a tuning display on it. However I've been happy with just looking over my shoulder at the lights on the kemper!

Pete

My only real reason would be to have a large display that shows the rig names. The Digitech/Johnson Systems worked like that and i loved it. But it needs a specialized non Midi protocol or a two way midi conversation.

• The problem I have with my FC300 from Roland is, that it is only a one way communication. Means when I switch on a stomp and change the rig, the stomp light is still on. Which is no big deal, but not perfect. Anyway I get used to the FC300 and let's see what the Kemper Switch will have to offer. Perhaps it adds not so much. Of course also depending on the prize.

• I have a Kemperized Line6 FBV longboard, waiting for the KPA to make a two way communication and oping mDan to "translate" the Kemper proprietary messages into Line6 ones.
    Anyway i think that the KFC ( :D ) will be very interesting for a brunch of things.
    Patch name, Tuner, different led colors recalling the ones saved on the profile and ethernet cable with phantom power.
    I don't know if i'll have enough money to buy it (it really depends on the final price), but i'm pretty sure it will be killer.

• Hi Pete,

didn´t you have the problem, that you had to hit the CC Buttons 3 times on the GCP
    to switch on and off the stomp slots and effect slots? ?(?(?(
    Because of this it didn´t work out well for me...
    Perhaps it´s like at my computers... the problem sits in front of the monitor!!!
    Hopefully I didn´t make a mistake....
    To switch the rigs: no problem - one tip on the GCP and it switched fast and nice,
    but to switch on and off the the slots wasn´t able...

Greetings, Mario

• Mario -

I never noticed that problem. I have a gig tonight, I can check how mine is set up and maybe we can get yours working!

Pete