How to reamping with SPDIF in Logic Pro?

• Hi all and apologies for the question that some people already done in the forum.

I've already followed some guides to reamp directly in Logic Pro but I still have some problems, that's what I tried to do from guides:

# Kemper

1. OUTPUT: SPDIF Output -> Git / Stack

2. INPUT: Input Source: SPDIF Input Reamp

# Logic Pro

Track 1 Input: SPDIF / Left

Track 2 Input: SPDIF / Right

1. I've recorded from both tracks (both of them with "R" enabled) and track 1 recorded the DI track, track 2 the distorted track

2. To use the DI recorded, guides tell to go on track 1 OUTPUT and set it to SPDIF, but I don't have this option

What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thank you all

• You have to specify the output of the DI track to spdif. As of now, it is probably sent to master in your mixer. And master is linked to L and R (monitor out) on your interface.

If you don’t see spdif as an output option, you’ll probably need to check your I/O label page.

• I created 4 tracks from 2 DI and till now It's all ok, I've used 2 different profiles and now I can hear 2 tracks (L/R 100% pan) and other 2 tracks (L/R 90% pan).

For only the second couple of guitars I've setted on the "constant Latency" on page 6, but I still hear that "chorus" effect when I play the 4 tracks together. Is there a way to remediate this?

• Hm... could still be the same issue. How are the levels set, and do they play the same part? Perhaps reamp with the constant latency switched on for all the tracks might do the trick also. Have you tried that?

Slightly OT, but I have never had any luck with so-called quad tracking. ?( Phase and slight difference in performance sticks out like a sore thumb if it’s not ab-so-lut-ely spot on. And that kills the «vibe» somewhat.

• For only the second couple of guitars I've setted on the "constant Latency" on page 6, but I still hear that "chorus" effect when I play the 4 tracks together. Is there a way to remediate this?

Sorry, not using Logic Pro here but Cubase. And is there some function which uses the latency and corrects the position of your audio? Otherwise with your setup the re-amped tracks will be delayed (by the latency of the signal chain of going through SPDIF to Kemper plus Kemper constant latency plus way back into DAW). Cubase can calculate this exactly and does remove it automatically once I put the Kemper in there as outboard gear.