Output to FRFR

• Question: is it better to push the output from KPA higher with lower speaker level or to push the speaker volume higher with lower output level on KPA regarding sound? Or, does it matter at all?

This question was asked in another thread, but got not really answered. So I ask here in a dedicated thread. Thanks for your insights.

• I tend to push the speaker as hard as I can and back off just before clipping. The speaker can handle everything after that

This is how I prefer it as well, as a higher signal results in lower noise levels IMO.

Edit: the only downside to this is that you have to increase volume at the speakers, which could be inconvenient in the midst of a performance. If you leave a bit of room for volume increases, that's probably the best practice.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• So it sounds like crank the volume on the speaker and use the kpa to adjust volume?

That's not what I meant. To me, the best way is to stay enough under clipping to the speaker so that I can add some volume during the performance, if necessary.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• In general, you want to keep your input signal higher in order to avoid noise. You don’t want to overdrive the input to your amp device, but set the output of your Kemper as high as you can without clipping.