I created a DI profile, and used an OH IR, it seems that the low E disappears.

• I am running the latest beta as of today: 7.1.19.

I did a quick test of a DI profile of a XMS+ module in the Synergy with an OH IR. I hit the low E string, then played a few notes over it. The Low E seems to disappear when playing over it. I also tried it with all the effects turned off, and the issue is there.

I checked and this is not the case with the amp.

I also checked with headphones (to eliminate a problem with the interface) on the Kemper and it is there.

It seems that it's either a problem with the profile, or the OH IR. I tested a merged profile that I made a while back, using a stable firmware version, and the issue does NOT exist there. I checked another DI profile that I made in the last few days of an Ultra XL module, and it's there also.

Is this a beta profile issue? Is this a problem with IRs in the Kemper? Has anyone else had this issue?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• After doing more debugging, I created a track of the DI profile, and the low E can be heard (though a nasty grainy sound without a cab). So, that rules out the Kemper. It must be the IR.

I then used an IR Loader, and loaded the IR I used when the problem arose. I checked the track, and it the low E can indeed be heard. So, it must be the way the CabMaker created the cab for the Kemper. It somehow changed it, during the conversion. The next step is to do another conversion using the editor. More to come.

• I discovered that it is the conversion process. The original version of the IR was done using CabMaker. So, I tried using the editor, and the same result. Based on my tests, it's not a new issue, it's been around for a while. I just haven't been dealing with IRs much with the Kemper, other than converting some and putting them on the Kemper, until yesterday.

Is this a bug? Or something that simply cannot be fixed?

• Have you contacted support? Maybe they have an idea what is happening and can explain.

What happens if you record the open E pedal tone seperatly and then play the notes? Is there still a "frequency thing" going on that lets the E dissapear?

I can try and test on weekend.

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• I thought it might be a frequency thing, but wondered if this was a limitation the cab process, since the note was definitely there when using the DI profile with the original IR in the DAW.

I haven't contacted support yet, at least until I've exhausted all options in how this happens to some IRs and not others, even from the same pack. They have enough on their hands right now. This seems like a trivial thing since I can use a different IR. I just find it interesting that something like this happened.