Export Snapshots

• Data-wise Snapshots are nothing else than Rigs. The idea of Snapshots is, that you capture some variations of a Rig, compare their sounds, and make a final decision which sounds best and store that preferred one as a Rig in your browse pool.

So, Snapshots themselves have a short-term nature and are not really meant to be exported, shared, imported. As soon as you store it as a Rig in your browse pool all these transactions are available.

• Your idea Burkhard. Your idea. We are not mind readers :). There are many more very good ways to use it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Hi !

I'd love to have something like this too. There's something I never understood with the idea of snapshots : I often start from the browser when looking for a new tone, then I stop on one, and tweek it a bit until I'm happy with it. And at this stage I'd like to save it in a performance which seems to me impossible unless (i) I save it as a new rig, (ii) a new button "save into a performance slot" exists, or (iii) go to performance mode, open a new one, load the original rig again, tweak it again te same way and save the performance:rolleyes: (but I feel I didn't understand well the things, if someone can hep me) . But let's say I save it as a new rig that I 'll just have to recall in my new performance. I find it a very bad solution because, first it increases the pool size to much to me, and second, the saved rig are with the author name of, M.Britt (for instance, if I started from one of his rigs) and not mine, right?, and I will end up with tons of more or less bad tones in my browse pool, including when sorted by author because I know M.Britt ones are good ones normally (to follow the same example)... And then, how to retreive easily in this pool the original M.britt rig that gave all these chidren rigs? It would be a big mess, or I'd be forced to use and maintain over time a certain naming strategy. Too complicated.

On the other hand, if Snaphots could be saved and be visible and loadable from everywhere its worth (RM, performance mode etc..) all these problems wouldn't exist anymore. The best would be to be able to give a name to snapshots (I'd name them "ThisSong-like"; "ThatOne-like" etc...)

In fact, I think what I wanted to say is that snaphots should be considered more like "Rigs presets" than "short-term" rigs to be erased soon. And datawise, as they share the same captured profile, only the tweakings and added effects really need to be saved, right?

anybody feeling the same?

guillaume.